News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's everyone been up to?

Started by Sir-diealot, July 17, 2021, 11:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Great pics Sirdiealot!
Rutn', looks you found a GREAT retirement spot!  Beautiful house and pics!
I've been fishing some, working around the house and getting past a back injury that has slowed all that down for a couple of months.  It's getting full on summer here so I'll be finding more indoor stuff to do.  95+ is too hot for outdoor stuff.  It will wait. ;)
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2021, 12:03:35 PM
When I got back from my Mexico Goulds trip, we moved into our new house. The wife and I bought a nice log cabin on acreage in Tennessee. We've been unpacking, buying furniture, decorating, etc. Our neighbors are turkeys, deer, rabbits, squirrels, songbirds and hummingbirds. It's been quite enjoyable living a laid back country lifestyle in the rolling hills and farm country, with creeks, rivers, waterfalls and mountain views. Tennessee beats the hell out of Florida, and living here is the closest thing to paradise that I've found. [IMG]https://uploads.ta

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Great photos! Congrats JimBo, Well deserved ! Enjoy your retirement.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

WildTigerTrout

Taking care of two properties.  My wife and I turned my boyhood home into a vacation rental.  We completely remodeled the inside and have just recently started to rent it out.

Recently purchased a new shotgun for turkey hunting. Finally gave in to the .410 craze!  It was a used but unfired 2018 Model 500 Mossberg Turkey(full MO Obsession camo, sling studs, middle and FO red front bead and 26" fixed full choke).  I measured the end of the muzzle at .389 which I believe leans extra full. I have no TSS and the way things are probably won't for quite some time.  I did shoot a few turkey head targets with Win. Super X 3 " Magnums both 11/16 and 3/4 oz. #6 shot.  At 25 yards I got a low of 26 hits and a high of 38 hits in the head and neck. Should work well.  POA and POI are the same which is really nice.  Just line up the double beads and keep your head down.  Looking forward to more testing and trying to find ammo.  Fall gun shows start soon here.  Looking forward to that.

I am fortunate in that I live in central/north central Pennsylvania and have access to some of the best limestone trout streams available in the east.  I fly fish year round and enjoy it as much as turkey hunting.  Had a load of rain lately but as soon as the streams go down a bit and clear up I will be on them.

Been retired now for 11 years and never get bored.  Always something to do.  Take care fellas!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on July 18, 2021, 05:43:09 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 17, 2021, 11:58:37 PM
What's everyone doing to fill their time this Summer while you wait for Fall turkey or deer season to start and also wait for next Spring? I had surgery on my toe early this month and am trying to allow that to heal and hoping it will make it a bit easier and less painful to hunt this Fall and next Spring. I have also dove headlong into photography and have been trying to get better with that. Also hoping to get some fishing in once I can cover the toe up so the mosquitoes do not chew my digits off. Here are a few of my pictures, hope you enjoy.

Nice photos Sir, I think maybe one of them is Watkins Glen? I am working in Abilene,Texas for the next 4-6 weeks, so will check out some of the sights. A bit different than Pennsylvania but fun so far nonetheless.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
Sorry I missed your reply somehow before. Yes one is Watkins Glenn and some others Montour Falls which is the next town over. TX has some pretty areas for sure, enjoy yourself.

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on July 19, 2021, 01:19:27 PM
Taking care of two properties.  My wife and I turned my boyhood home into a vacation rental.  We completely remodeled the inside and have just recently started to rent it out.

Recently purchased a new shotgun for turkey hunting. Finally gave in to the .410 craze!  It was a used but unfired 2018 Model 500 Mossberg Turkey(full MO Obsession camo, sling studs, middle and FO red front bead and 26" fixed full choke).  I measured the end of the muzzle at .389 which I believe leans extra full. I have no TSS and the way things are probably won't for quite some time.  I did shoot a few turkey head targets with Win. Super X 3 " Magnums both 11/16 and 3/4 oz. #6 shot.  At 25 yards I got a low of 26 hits and a high of 38 hits in the head and neck. Should work well.  POA and POI are the same which is really nice.  Just line up the double beads and keep your head down.  Looking forward to more testing and trying to find ammo.  Fall gun shows start soon here.  Looking forward to that.

I am fortunate in that I live in central/north central Pennsylvania and have access to some of the best limestone trout streams available in the east.  I fly fish year round and enjoy it as much as turkey hunting.  Had a load of rain lately but as soon as the streams go down a bit and clear up I will be on them.

Been retired now for 11 years and never get bored.  Always something to do.  Take care fellas!
I have thought what it would be like to live in one of the houses I grew up in, I wish I could buy the one and give it to the older sister to raise my nephews in. Found some pictures of what it looks like today, the cut down the tree I used to hang upside down from and do sit ups, that's a bummer. Wish I could still do that. Always nice to get a new firearm, I want to get some more muzzleloaders myself, for some reason I find myself liking the old styled stuff more and more the older I get. I know there is some good fishing in PA my grandfather lived in Forrest City which is over near Carbondale before he died and there was supposed to be good fishing off that way but I never did do any fishing there.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nyhunter

Well Sir, you'll probably be the only one that will know this here but , I've been busy in Dresden with the mess left after the micro bust only to spend all weekend on Rt 54 south of Penn Yan for for flooding, so for me it's been a long wet summer so far.

Beards and Hooks

I assumed one of those photos or so might be Montour falls Steven but have  honestly only been by there a few times so wasn't real sure. Yes Texas is a bit different than Pennsylvania and NY for sure but enjoying it so far.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: nyhunter on July 19, 2021, 06:34:55 PM
Well Sir, you'll probably be the only one that will know this here but , I've been busy in Dresden with the mess left after the micro bust only to spend all weekend on Rt 54 south of Penn Yan for for flooding, so for me it's been a long wet summer so far.
I am in Dresden, were you part of the crew working on the lines just past 14 on 54 between there and the turnoff for 14 off of 54 that was blocked off at those two ends? If so you could see my house from where you were. Tree branch put quite the dent in the truck.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on July 19, 2021, 08:58:04 PM
I assumed one of those photos or so might be Montour falls Steven but have  honestly only been by there a few times so wasn't real sure. Yes Texas is a bit different than Pennsylvania and NY for sure but enjoying it so far.

I have family outside of Austin and also family in OK and they want me to move out that way, the truth is though I could never live in flat lands again, I love the Finger Lakes Region, it is a part of me. I grew up near Buffalo and Niagara Falls which is mostly flat and I hate it when I go there to visit now. People think I am nuts but the one thing I miss about living there is all the snow, we do not get much here, every few years we get nailed, but not near enough snow for my taste. Edit: I also meant to mention I just don't care for how hot it gets there, I love my snow.

John Koenig:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Tail Feathers on July 19, 2021, 11:21:13 AM
Rutn', looks you found a GREAT retirement spot!  Beautiful house and pics!
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on July 19, 2021, 11:34:35 AM
Great photos! Congrats JimBo, Well deserved ! Enjoy your retirement.

Thanks brothers!!! :icon_thumright: :police: :firefighter: Be safe!!

Turkeyman

My summer time is primarily devoted to camping time with my wife, which she loves.  Lord knows she puts up with my fall and spring hunting...it's the least I can do!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeyman on July 21, 2021, 04:16:40 PM
My summer time is primarily devoted to camping time with my wife, which she loves.  Lord knows she puts up with my fall and spring hunting...it's the least I can do!!
Nice to have one that enjoys the outdoors.

John Koenig:

Turkeyman

When we got married she said I'll never interfere with your hunting or fishing...and she never has. What more can you ask for?

Tom007

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 19, 2021, 08:44:55 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on July 19, 2021, 07:44:22 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2021, 01:50:51 PM

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 18, 2021, 12:30:21 PM
Man those are some great pictures and very pretty area. I have been in TN twice but have never really been able to stop but thought it was very pretty there. I really like that falls in the shape of a semi circle and of course the turkey and wildlife. I have never been to FL and if it were not for Osceola turkey I would not want to go there at all, just to warm.

Can't blame you. I'm not planning on going back to FLA unless I'm visiting family. Moving to Tennessee is the best thing I've ever done. The scenery, the weather, the wildlife, the friendliness of the people, you can't beat it!!

Good luck with your new place, sure looks beautiful.....
Thanks man!! :icon_thumright:

You worked hard for that Shangi-la. Wow what a place. Your on vacation every day....enjoy
"Solo hunter"

Parrot Head

I just got back from Glacier National Park,  Big Sky, and Cody WY.   Gone 11 days drove 5000 miles.   Such beautiful country.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Turkeyman on July 21, 2021, 05:42:59 PM
When we got married she said I'll never interfere with your hunting or fishing...and she never has. What more can you ask for?
You are a fortunate man.