turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's everyone been up to?

Started by Sir-diealot, July 17, 2021, 11:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Home projects, taking my kids fishing, maintenence and repairs on the kids and neices vehicles, a few side projects to help friends off and working on my master electricians and unlimited electrical contractors license slams. Since slams are all the rage I figured I would take it in another direction. Been a two year process but I have over a dozen in hand with the ability to reciprocate for about 26 states at the moment. By fall I should have 3 more in hand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Happy

Oh, and working on getting back into the shape I was a year ago. Got extremely busy and exercise slacked off so getting that going again.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on July 18, 2021, 03:33:42 PM
Gigging frogs and catching flatheads. Putting up vegetables. Canning. And today I bronzed some turkey feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember shooting just in front of frogs with a 22 they would fly straight up in the air and land dead and we would take them home and fry them up. Wish the landlord would let me grow some veggies.

Quote from: Happy on July 18, 2021, 03:58:14 PM
Home projects, taking my kids fishing, maintenence and repairs on the kids and neices vehicles, a few side projects to help friends off and working on my master electricians and unlimited electrical contractors license slams. Since slams are all the rage I figured I would take it in another direction. Been a two year process but I have over a dozen in hand with the ability to reciprocate for about 26 states at the moment. By fall I should have 3 more in hand.

Sounds like you have been plenty busy. I can read some diagrams for electronics but never could solder because of my eyes, man it hurts when you get your fingers with that stuff. I am hoping this toes heals quickly so I can get out walking, the week before my surgery I went out and walked about 6 miles, did not realize how far I had walked until I was done and looked down at my alltrails app and it told me.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2021, 12:03:35 PM
When I got back from my Mexico Goulds trip, we moved into our new house. The wife and I bought a nice log cabin on acreage in Tennessee. We've been unpacking, buying furniture, decorating, etc. Our neighbors are turkeys, deer, rabbits, squirrels, songbirds and hummingbirds. It's been quite enjoyable living a laid back country lifestyle in the rolling hills and farm country, with creeks, rivers, waterfalls and mountain views. Tennessee beats the hell out of Florida, and living here is the closest thing to paradise that I've found.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.
Great looking cabin, and of course the wildlife is a nice bonus.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 17, 2021, 11:58:37 PM
What's everyone doing to fill their time this Summer while you wait for Fall turkey or deer season to start and also wait for next Spring? I had surgery on my toe early this month and am trying to allow that to heal and hoping it will make it a bit easier and less painful to hunt this Fall and next Spring. I have also dove headlong into photography and have been trying to get better with that. Also hoping to get some fishing in once I can cover the toe up so the mosquitoes do not chew my digits off. Here are a few of my pictures, hope you enjoy.

Nice photos Sir, I think maybe one of them is Watkins Glen? I am working in Abilene,Texas for the next 4-6 weeks, so will check out some of the sights. A bit different than Pennsylvania but fun so far nonetheless.

Which Gun

Been doing a lot of largemouth bass fishing. Need to start on clearing some shooting lanes.

3bailey3

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Which Gun on July 18, 2021, 08:37:45 PM
Been doing a lot of largemouth bass fishing. Need to start on clearing some shooting lanes.
Hoping to get some fishing in but I fish from shore so I am hoping it is not to weedy by the time I am able to get out there. I will be bow and muzzle loader hunting at the state park, not allowed to clear any shooting lanes there but I am going to try to do some walking where I want to go.

Quote from: 3bailey3 on July 18, 2021, 08:50:42 PM
very nice pics
Thanks, I made them small so as not to overload anybodies computers. If you want to see them full sized go here. https://imgur.com/user/SirdiealotZulu/posts
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

lunghit

Saltwater fishing and beach with the family now. Working lots of OT and will start to get deer on my mind next month. Right now I am really enjoying the summer and don't want it to end.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Zobo

I've been mushroom hunting a lot. This July has been the one of wettest on record in my region so there's been an incredible mushroom fruiting. It keeps me in the forest which is always a plus!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

3bailey3

Sir-diealot

Quote from: lunghit on July 18, 2021, 09:02:58 PM
Saltwater fishing and beach with the family now. Working lots of OT and will start to get deer on my mind next month. Right now I am really enjoying the summer and don't want it to end.

I have never done any saltwater fishing, not sure my body could do it anymore but I would like to find out sometime. I am not a Summer person at all, anything above 60 is to much for me.

Quote from: Zobo on July 18, 2021, 10:11:50 PM
I've been mushroom hunting a lot. This July has been the one of wettest on record in my region so there's been an incredible mushroom fruiting. It keeps me in the forest which is always a plus!
It has been very wet here in NY as well.

John Koenig:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on July 18, 2021, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2021, 12:03:35 PM
When I got back from my Mexico Goulds trip, we moved into our new house. The wife and I bought a nice log cabin on acreage in Tennessee. We've been unpacking, buying furniture, decorating, etc. Our neighbors are turkeys, deer, rabbits, squirrels, songbirds and hummingbirds. It's been quite enjoyable living a laid back country lifestyle in the rolling hills and farm country, with creeks, rivers, waterfalls and mountain views. Tennessee beats the hell out of Florida, and living here is the closest thing to paradise that I've found.

Great looking cabin, and of course the wildlife is a nice bonus.

Thanks, and yes they are!!

Tom007

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2021, 01:50:51 PM

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 18, 2021, 12:30:21 PM
Man those are some great pictures and very pretty area. I have been in TN twice but have never really been able to stop but thought it was very pretty there. I really like that falls in the shape of a semi circle and of course the turkey and wildlife. I have never been to FL and if it were not for Osceola turkey I would not want to go there at all, just to warm.

Can't blame you. I'm not planning on going back to FLA unless I'm visiting family. Moving to Tennessee is the best thing I've ever done. The scenery, the weather, the wildlife, the friendliness of the people, you can't beat it!!

Good luck with your new place, sure looks beautiful.....
"Solo hunter"

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Tom007 on July 19, 2021, 07:44:22 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2021, 01:50:51 PM

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 18, 2021, 12:30:21 PM
Man those are some great pictures and very pretty area. I have been in TN twice but have never really been able to stop but thought it was very pretty there. I really like that falls in the shape of a semi circle and of course the turkey and wildlife. I have never been to FL and if it were not for Osceola turkey I would not want to go there at all, just to warm.

Can't blame you. I'm not planning on going back to FLA unless I'm visiting family. Moving to Tennessee is the best thing I've ever done. The scenery, the weather, the wildlife, the friendliness of the people, you can't beat it!!

Good luck with your new place, sure looks beautiful.....
Thanks man!! :icon_thumright: