turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Naming your shotguns

Started by Old Timer, July 13, 2021, 11:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Do you have names for your firearms? Come on I know you do! Some might consider it odd but I do. My 835 is Big Bertha, SA-20 is Mini Bertha. My Beretta which I mainly use for waterfowl is Sally. I could go on! :toothy9:

Yoder409

Only ever named 3 guns, ever.

Two dedicated turkey guns............

Geraldine:  A BPS 10 gauge.

No Doubt:  A Super X2 3 1/2" 12 gauge

And my bear rifle........

Whomper:  A custom A-Bolt Stainless Stalker .375 Weatherby
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Muzzy61

No dedicated name for it, But I have called it a few bad names before.....
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Hwd silvestris

"Mule"for my old school 835
              Sombuck kicks like a mule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimspur

My 11-87 is known as "Smokin' Joe".

joeturkey

I named my 410 ga the Osceola hunter

silvestris

I thought they were all named Betsy.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sixes

I refer to my Benelli SBE2 as Thumper

I have a Browning 300 WSM named Thunder that has killed  triple digits of deer and hogs.

I have a Tikka 270 WSM that I have been using more each season. It's nickname is Lightning.

The Benelli is called that because it thumps their heads.

The Browning got its name because my Dad and cousin said they could always tell it was me by how loud it sounded and it was like a crack of thunder.

So now when we are together and I kill something, I send my cousin a text saying "I let  the Thunder roll"

The Tikka is such a flat shooting rifle that it is like a bolt of lightning hitting an animal.  I've mostly shot hogs with it, so that means head shots for the most part and they are down at the recoil.

Tail Feathers

I have no imagination.  I have "The single shot", "the Winchester" and an 835 that I have called "The slobber knocker" on occasion.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Jimspur

Quote from: silvestris on July 13, 2021, 12:44:44 PM
I thought they were all named Betsy.

That would be Ol' Betsy! Hahaha

tal

Quote from: Muzzy61 on July 13, 2021, 11:50:39 AM
No dedicated name for it, But I have called it a few bad names before.....
Beat me to it

GobbleNut

A few years ago here on OG there was a guy that actually made barrel decals that could be put on your guns.  You could custom-order the decals with whatever name you wanted.  I don't have a clue if he is still around or not but I put three of his decals on my turkey guns.  One is the "Gobble Buster", one is the "Snood Stacker", and one is the "Gobbler Clobbler".  The decals the guy made were really nice, dirt cheap, and have held up nicely on my guns.

Yeah, I know,...I am a bit "anal" about this turkey huntin' stuff...   :D :angel9:

Boykin Hollow

all of mine have been named smoke poles

Greg Massey

All my guns are named : KILLER and if i miss you don't really want to know the name of it that day ...

rifleman

My son-in-law, my brother and I were heading about 75 miles from home to fall hunt and camp.  About half way he realized he had forgotten his shotgun.  From there on he calls the gun Lucille stealing a line from Kenny Rogers.