turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Movies that show some turkey hunting

Started by hotspur, June 23, 2021, 05:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotspur

Or any hunting , except elk hunting,  :-X  I'll name 2  .  True grit , and lonesome dove

Paulmyr

I remember an episode of the Walton's that had turkey hunting. Ben missed the Thanksgiving turkey.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

nitro

Live turkey shoot scene in Sgt York starring Gary Cooper.
Royal Slam 2008

Gmed

Sixes

Hatfields and McCoys showed a turkey hunt

Yellowstone showed a mule deer hunt

Greg Massey

John Wayne .. Big Jake ... mule deer kill, John said we need meat...

crow

Quote from: nitro on June 23, 2021, 06:18:29 PM

Classic movie and match.

Either Young guns or the Kris Kristofferson Billy the Kid movie, forget which one
they ran some turkeys down on horseback and got some

owlhoot

Didn't he say shoot the back one so the middle and front birds don't see them fall, get more that way.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: owlhoot on June 23, 2021, 10:34:27 PM
Didn't he say shoot the back one so the middle and front birds don't see them fall, get more that way.
Yes, then later in the movie he used that tactic against the enemy and got a mess of prisoners.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Jeremiah Johnson had lots of hunting. The Deer Hunter had a brief scene of hunting. Dances with Wolves they hunted buffalo. Not a whole lot of hunting coming out of liberal Hollywood, unless it portrays hunters in a negative way.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Dtrkyman

McClintock shows a quick pheasant hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhoward11

First Blood...No decoys, no cameras, no gun......just jump down and spear the hog, throw over your shoulder and eat up.. Oh Yeaaa...that's my kind of hunting!

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: owlhoot on June 23, 2021, 10:34:27 PM
Folks do that now when shooting running hogs.  Never shoot the first one.  As long as they can see a hog or 2 running ahead they'll keep coming on that same path regardless of their buddies getting picked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

silvestris

The Mel Gibson had a scene in "The Patriot" where his sons returned home with a couple of turkeys.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Tom007

The "Deer Hunter". 1978 Robert Deniro Christopher Walken.
"Solo hunter"