OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trail Cameras

Started by cwb04, June 16, 2021, 10:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

On private land almost as enforceable as the old 55 mph speed limit.  Have 4 running now on a FL cattle ranch with orange groves.  A sure bet it will have occasional pictures of unknown persons wandering around at 2am.  The owners always appreciate the info. 

bbcoach

I sent this info to a couple of hunting buddies that have several pics to phone cams and let them know about this situation.  I advised them to check with their state regs and see if anything was on the horizon before they spend additional monies for cams that could be outlawed.  When one state starts this, I guarantee others will follow. 

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

deerhunt1988

100% support bans on cellular trail cameras on public lands. And support bans of all cameras on public lands where they are negatively impacting the resource like in Arizona. But that is an extreme circumstance.

Do not fully support cam bans on private lands as I feel that infringes on private property rights. But my feelings wouldn't be hurt if cell cams were banned for hunting use (unenforceable, I know) as I feel like it is flirting with the line of 'fair chase'. Deer can move at night, turkey can't.

harleytom

Another government power reach that will be blindly supported by some hunters who don't use them and therefore don't mind seeing others have their use taken away. Soon the government will find another tool and say it isn't "fair chase" and some of the first group will be affected. On and on it goes just like in a certain Central European country in the 1930's did until they suddenly decide to do away with the right to hunt (or have guns at all) is gone. One could argue food plots and TSS or Longbeard XR is not "fair chase". Folks, if we don't stop letting the powers that be divide us then we won't have any rights before long. Just because it doesn't affect you today doesn't mean the next change won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixes

I think it is the typical crybaby syndrome.

Someone got their feelings hurt because other people were going to "their" spots and decided there needs to be a law not allowing anyone to use a camera.

I cannot see how this can hold up in court on private land.

IF the DNR wrote me a ticket on land I own, I would quickly tell them what to do, take the ticket and go to court.