OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scenery

Started by Hwd silvestris, June 09, 2021, 11:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie g

Quote from: Hwd silvestris on June 11, 2021, 01:44:32 PM
Quote from: Howie g on June 10, 2021, 07:37:29 AM
Sw ms is awesome , our back road scenery is very diverse, you can typically see every food chain store cups and bags in every road shoulder . Deer rib cages etc .  And  there's the super smart folks that add to our pristine view by laying a de Breasted gobbler at our gates .
   But seriously, my favorite view is a " true " La swamp , the kind you only get to by a boat . The different type birds , gators etc you see and hear is not typical of anything else . Sadly , most of the huntable population of turkey in those areas have vanished.
I came across a couple fellas just this week in southern Adams county cleaning a truck load of pigs in the middle of county road.  I thought to myself only in Mississippi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
very likely my kin in Adam's county

Jstocks

Sw ms is awesome , our back road scenery is very diverse, you can typically see every food chain store cups and bags in every road shoulder . Deer rib cages etc .  And  there's the super smart folks that add to our pristine view by laying a de Breasted gobbler at our gates .
   But seriously, my favorite view is a " true " La swamp , the kind you only get to by a boat . The different type birds , gators etc you see and hear is not typical of anything else . Sadly , most of the huntable population of turkey in those areas have vanished.
I came across a couple fellas just this week in southern Adams county cleaning a truck load of pigs in the middle of county road.  I thought to myself only in Mississippi!

Yep. Only a state like Mississippi would let a Louisiana resident do stuff like that on its turf.

MattM

Howie g

Quote from: Jstocks on June 12, 2021, 05:10:09 PM

Yep. Only a state like Mississippi would let a Louisiana resident do stuff like that on its turf.
.  No choice in the matter ...

Jstocks

I'm from Mississippi I understand.

WV Flopper

I personally think each one of the places I have been have had something different and unique to offer. Not necessarily turkey turkey hunting each of these spots but been there and seen it. I think all states have some different to offer other than out home state, some good and bad. But, its easy to spot the good.

I once was in New Brunswick Canada, been there for a few days. We were bear hunting and this day were riding around. We were driving towards a dump, not sure if it were a town dump or county dump, but a legal dump. Along the way there was a 6 pack of empty beer bottles in its pack setting along the road. The guy driving flipped out. Cursing the kids/young people for littering! Honestly, being from WV I wouldn't have even noticed it if he wouldn't have pointed it out. By far the cleanest place I have ever been! "We too can set on a couch while watching the cars ride by".

Some places the lack of noticeable things is the noticeable part. Kansas comes to my mind along I70. Enjoy every place you go for what it is. For me the best part of Kansas was seeing the Colorado state line!