OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scenery

Started by Hwd silvestris, June 09, 2021, 11:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hwd silvestris

Which state has the best scenic views?  Looking to go to a different state next year and wanting to see some breathtaking scenery while chasing a gobbler.

catman529

That depends who you ask. I'm partial to the Tennessee hill country, but I know a lot of people love the western states like Nebraska for the scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rakkin6

I am originally from East Tennessee towards Knoxville and the mountain views are great at sunrise. But it is rough hunting in those mountains over there. Feels like you are constantly going uphill.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Howie g

Sw ms is awesome , our back road scenery is very diverse, you can typically see every food chain store cups and bags in every road shoulder . Deer rib cages etc .  And  there's the super smart folks that add to our pristine view by laying a de Breasted gobbler at our gates .
   But seriously, my favorite view is a " true " La swamp , the kind you only get to by a boat . The different type birds , gators etc you see and hear is not typical of anything else . Sadly , most of the huntable population of turkey in those areas have vanished.

dublelung

Quote from: Howie g on June 10, 2021, 07:37:29 AM
Sw ms is awesome , our back road scenery is very diverse, you can typically see every food chain store cups and bags in every road shoulder . Deer rib cages etc .  And  there's the super smart folks that add to our pristine view by laying a de Breasted gobbler at our gates .
   But seriously, my favorite view is a " true " La swamp , the kind you only get to by a boat . The different type birds , gators etc you see and hear is not typical of anything else . Sadly , most of the huntable population of turkey in those areas have vanished.

That first paragraph had me thinking you were in my trashy corner of SE Mississippi.

I haven't hunted but in a hand full of states and there's places in each of them that has it's own breath taking views. All that said, I think the view of a beautiful hardwood swamp river bottom with the sunlight hitting a strutting gobbler is mighty hard to beat.

deerhunt1988

I'd agree with catman. Central TN has some of the most beautiful scenery and some super thick turkey populations to go along with it! Never can go wrong heading to central TN!

Hook hanger

Virginia nothing prettier than there!!!

Tail Feathers

They hall have their own beauty, but the Black Hills and E. TN were a couple of my personal favorites.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Chordeiles

Close to where I hunt in WV someone was kind enough to leave a sofa by the road, so that you can admire the spring bloom of Bud Light cans in comfort.
Old TVs seem to pop up in the area too. If you've never seen a TV in it's natural habitat, it's quite a sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hwd silvestris

I came across a couple fellas just this week in southern Adams county cleaning a truck load of pigs in the middle of county road.  I thought to myself only in Mississippi!

Crghss

Don't really know what different is, what's states have you hunted?

Most places I've been are very scenic. Even Florida with it snakes and gators has some nice country.   
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Hwd silvestris

I guess I'm really thinking more on the mountain side of things.  Considering New Mexico or Montana although Montana is a super long way from MIssissippi. 
I was born a flat lander but could be a mountain man for a lil bit of nothing. 

turkeyfool

Out of every state I've travelled, the answer has been every one of those states except Mississippi. I would make a few suggestions though. Northeast Iowa/Southwestern Wisconsin looks like a postcard. Don't necessarily have mountains or anything like that, but it does look like a postcard. The mountains in West Virginia/Virginia are pretty neat. Black hills and NW Nebraska definitely has a different feel to it for big country, but from what I've been told Montana/Wyoming kind of take that to a new level. I'll give you a sneaky one. Go to Vermont . Unbelievable

Chordeiles

I love the Appalachians. My second favorite is the High Plains region. Never hunted there in the spring but it's on my bucket list. I've hunted there more than a half dozen times for mule deer. Love the big sky country.

Crghss

I've enjoyed Black Hills SD. It has its own unique wilderness.

I've hunted PA, FL and SD. Thinking next stop maybe Northern GA or Eastern TN. Still thinking on it.

Part of the Spring Turkey hunting experience for me is visiting and seeing new country.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...