OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke question.... SBE2 and Optima Plus

Started by aaronward9, May 30, 2011, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronward9

Will choke interchange between the Benelli SBE2 and the Beretta Extrema Optima Plus?

Thanks in advance!!

goblr77

mudhen

Yes, but remember that the bore IDs are different, so the choke measurement will dictate the pattern.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

beagler

Quote from: mudhen on May 30, 2011, 02:23:59 PM
Yes, but remember that the bore IDs are different, so the choke measurement will dictate the pattern.

mudhen
+1
Never Misses

mightyjoeyoung

You also want to watch the choke for swelling if you shoot HTL or steel through them (the steel in a waterfowl choke of course).  I had one swell slightly while shooting BB steel at geese and I'm just glad I removed it to clean it after a wet hunt because it had gotten a tad tight in the muzzle!! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Progunner

These 2 chokes have the same external properties. However, the Optima Plus guns have a barrel bore of .733", and the SBE2 guns have a barrel bore of .723" . The turkey chokes are the same for both guns, and both will pattern about the same with that choke.

HOWEVER !!!! when you go to an IC or MOD choke for waterfowl hunting, and also for sporting clays should you do that also, you NEED to get the chokes made for the individual guns. There is a noticeable difference in patterning with the larger choke sizes. For example, an IC for an SBE2 will be a modified for an Optima Plus gun.

When you go to look for waterfowl or sporting clay chokes, just make sure you get those made for the actual gun you have. Turkey and buckshot are so close you will not be able to tell which is which in a blind test.

Hope this helps.

Bill davis