Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strangest thing you have heard a tom gobble at?

Started by jhoward11, May 05, 2021, 10:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Quote from: hotspur on May 05, 2021, 06:46:37 PM
This year , had a tom with a twelve inch beard gobble at my foot splash water
I had one gobble at me when I stepped off the road and crunched some dry leaves.  He hammered and I found a quick set up and had him flipping in just a few minutes.  He was hot!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Greg Massey

g8rvet

Buddy of my nephew takes a rubber mallet and hits those metal guard rails along the side of the road.  He swears any bird in ear shot will gobble.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

turkeymanjim

I had a bird on the roost gobble when a harley davidson was driving up a steep hill he gobbled once, then when the harley was going down the other side of the hill he gobbled. Those 2 gobbles where just enough for me to get close to him. I got him about 45 minutes latter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

An 18 wheeler hauling a dozer. Every time  he let off the air brakes a couple toms would fire off.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hersh

West Augusta

Backup alarm on a D9 Cat.  Best locator call I know of.  Just can't figure out how to carry one when I hunt.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TauntoHawk

I had 2 jakes at 3yds no lie shock gobble to a fart

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yoder409

Dynamite shot on a coal strip mine.

Empty tri-axle dump trucks going over a little bridge that made the bed slam and boom.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

J.D. Shellnut

One more. I pulled a cold one out of my ice chest. When the ice fell back in its place he gobbled at. He was that close to my truck on side of the road.
60% of the time it works every time!

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 05, 2021, 08:01:10 PM
ME CALLING ...  :TooFunny:

Now, that's funny, right there !!!

I don't care WHO ya are.......... THAT'S FUNNY !!!!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

OJR

I repeatedly yelled "Whose your daddy" at a strutting Merriam's gobbler at the entrance to the Crazy Horse monument a few years ago. He'd gobble every time! 

johnnyk2000

Quote from: gatrapper on May 05, 2021, 12:10:27 PM
Artillery Fire
I often hunt Camp Lejeune in NC and when they start firing the birds go quiet. However, Fort Stewart GA they gobble hard at Artillery.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chris O

Behind my house one gobbled when I was dumping dry cat food on an aluminum extension ladder rail when I couldn't find their food dish. They got fed well that day lol