OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hevi-13 choke tubes

Started by nstrut, May 28, 2011, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nstrut

has anyone tried the hevi-13 choke tube and what were the results

allaboutshooting

Quote from: nstrut on May 28, 2011, 10:54:01 PM
has anyone tried the hevi-13 choke tube and what were the results

Yes, I've shot them all now, mainly with 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with #6 and #7 shot. I've also shot a few Magnum Blend shells through them but frankly, not enough to really evaluate the performance of that shell.

I had very good results with the Hevi-13 chokes. I've also had good reports of performance from those who've purchased them. I've had more positive feedback on the Benelli and Remington models than any of the others.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Todd1700

I just recently purchased one for my Mossberg 835 and it shoots a great pattern at least by my standards with a Hevi-13 3 1/2 inch number 7. It put 278 inside 10 inches at 40 yards. And a pretty even well distributed pattern at that. I was well pleased.

That said, take it from someone who has bought Pure Golds, Rhinos, Jellyheads, Indian Creeks, etc, etc. Unfortunately there is no way to know how a choke/shell combo will shoot out of a particular gun until you try it.

I think you can be assured of at least acceptable patterns out of almost any good quality choke and shell but as to which combo will shine the best? It's a trial and error deal I'm afraid.

goblr77

That's the best choke made for an Xtrema shooting Hevi 7's.

ElkTurkMan

Absolutely love mine.  I'm shooting 3" 2oz #6's through it out of my 870, and it's awesome.  I switched last year and have shot four birds with this choke & ammo combo.

Longshanks

Beretta Xtrema: 298 in a 10in circle @ 40yds. Hevi choke .671

Beretta 390 20g: 173 in a 10" circle @ 40yds. Hevi choke .573

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Longshanks on May 29, 2011, 08:49:01 PM
Beretta Xtrema: 298 in a 10in circle @ 40yds. Hevi choke .671

What kind of 10" numbers at 40yds does this choke put up for the 835 with the 3.5" 2.25oz #7 loads?   

ILIKEHEVI-13

And that's a killer pattern.  I think 300 or close to it is dang good. 

coyotetrpr

Absolutely love mine with 3.5 inch mag blends out of a Mossberg 835 24 inch barrel. I am getting 270 average in an 11 by 8.5 sheet of paper with over 100 hits in the head and neck at a long stepped 40 yds. No, this is not a lasered distance or a 10 inch circle but, I think it gives a fair representation of what the shell and choke combo are doing.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: coyotetrpr on June 18, 2011, 02:44:38 PM
Absolutely love mine with 3.5 inch mag blends out of a Mossberg 835 24 inch barrel. I am getting 270 average in an 11 by 8.5 sheet of paper with over 100 hits in the head and neck at a long stepped 40 yds. No, this is not a lasered distance or a 10 inch circle but, I think it gives a fair representation of what the shell and choke combo are doing.

100 hits in the head and neck from any gun is tremendous.  That choke is now approved by Old Gobbler!   :z-winnersmiley:

OLE RASPY

Im thinking bout buying one for my 935.I got a jelly head right now and getting about 178 in a 10"