turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strong Finish in Nebraska

Started by Bigsho69, May 28, 2011, 07:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsho69

Well, decided to go back to Nebraska to try and fill my last tag. Left Friday morning and got to town around 2:30PM. It was so muddy I barely made it to the landowners house. It was raining but it was supposed to stop for the afternoon. No such luck. Waited for 30 minutes then went out for the long walk in the hills. Couldnt drive close to the area due to the mud. The walk was about a mile. Got set up by 3:30PM and began calling. 10 minutes later I could see a tailfan coming over the hill towards me. A nice Tom showed himself. He was taking his sweet time. He got about 60 yds from the blind and ran up the hill behind me. I couldnt figure out what was going on until I looked out the back of the blind. Another Tom was coming down the hill behind me and he went to run him off. He was successful and started back towards my set up. It started to POUR rain. It didnt stop him, and he walked right past the blind almost touching it as he went by. Went up to the decoy at 8yds. Put the shot on him and I was done. The time was 4:30PM. He was 23lbs 5 OZ, 9.25" beard and 1.25" spurs. Made the long walk back in the rain. When I got back to the landowners house I was pleasantly surprised by a beautiful sight. 12 hours of driving and one hour of hunting.  Go figure??

rtsj

Congrats man!!!!  :z-guntootsmiley:Hope my Nebraska hunt in 2012 goes as good as yours!!

Roost Wrecker

Congrats on the kill! Nice bird

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

WyoHunter

Congrats! Nice bird and nice pics too!  :you_rock:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

ElkTurkMan

hobbes

joey46

Congrats!  Great end to the season.

turkey slayer