OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo dipping magazine tube???

Started by WNY Bowhunter, May 28, 2011, 12:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

Now that season is wrapping up, I want to have my Browning BPS sent out to be re-dipped as the original duratouch finish looks like crap.  Was wondering if the mag. tube can be dipped (they're not dipped from the factory)?  Some pumps have them done while others don't?  Does anyone have experience with the BPS and whether dipping the mag. tube would make the tolerances too tight for operating the action smoothly?

Suggestions? Thanks.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

muddyhole

a friend had his M12 done and the company he used recomended that he did not dip the tube. 

mightyjoeyoung

If the tube can't be dipped, try hitting it with some Brownell's dura coat bake on paint.  Just but a spray can of the base color of the camo dip, that way it will be at least similar in color to the camo and won't stick out like a sore toe.  Also, the finish, if done correctly, is VERY thin and VERY durable and even has a lubricating property so the gun should cycle that much smoother.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

CommandCar

I sent my factory blued 12 ga BPS to Bell & Carlson about 8 years ago for dipping.  They dipped the mag tub too.  Works fine, still looks great.

gobbler74

Having several pumps dipped i'll say that yes you can dip it..you will more than likely get a few scratches in it with the action rub after awhile...it looks no worse than scratched black..on my bps with Duratouch the mag tube is black..you may not opt to get the armor coating on your mag tube just plain camo as it will probably cause problems..some dippers offer that rubber finish over the camo.  I'm sure most wouldn't put it on a tube.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"