OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trespassers

Started by shatcher, April 19, 2021, 07:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

What to do when they blatantly trespass and shoot on the backside of your property?  They access from cutover across the back property line towards the center of my place!  It may be time to start trying to catch them.

7shooter

Game cameras, preferably cell cams

the Ward

A couple phone calls to the appropriate law enforcement agencies? If nothing else, at least it will be documented if anything escalates in the future. Try talking to the neighbors to see if they know/see anything would be a good start.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

trkehunr93

Get with your game warden/CPO, they will jump on it quick.  Dealt with a trespasser back in November that had snuck over the line 40 yards and hung a trail camera and put out corn.  I just happened by it after hunting one morning.  I spoke with the landowner and he was fine with me calling our CPO.  Met the CPO that evening and he put out a camera, ended up getting pics of a man in his 50's pulling the camera but they couldn't see his face.  The CPO I worked with went in with another CPO and they found 8-9 places where bait had been placed all leading back to an adjoining property.  They kept their camera out until after our fall hunting season ended and didn't end up getting anymore pics of him but they plan to set up multiple cameras this fall to hopefully catch him trespassing, baiting and hunting over bait.  They kept in touch with me thru the whole process, hoping they nail him this coming deer season. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shatcher

zelmo1

Game cameras and contact local wardens

outdoorsmen

cpo's in my area don't deal with trespassing, it's o all on the sheriff's dept. And land has to be posted otherwise trespassing is not punishable by a mere $175 ticket.   Doesn't matter if it's a neighbor that knowingly trespassing. If it's not posted it's not enforced

Greg Massey

Let the game warden know what's happening and let him confront them...

Marc

Plant some mines (exploding poop).

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 19, 2021, 04:22:25 PM
Let the game warden know what's happening and let him confront them...
This.^^^^^
Do not confront anyone yourself, I don't give a  who thinks they're billy badass. Don't.
Contact your DNR or conservation office and speak with an officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

shatcher

Local sheriff is a buddy of mine.  He told me today 'let's get some pics' and he'd handle it.

nativeks

Happens every turkey season with guys from down south, usually AR in my experience (although MS, and GA have been represented as well). One group I was hunting on my place when I saw them slow roll looking north. THey turned around in my driveway and came back, stopped, and a guy got out with his gun, full camo, etc. I was not far off the road and thought they were going to shoot my decoys since the road is elevated in that part. I yelled you got permission and the dude pounded on the Tahoe and they took off. I called them in and even had a license plate number. That afternoon as I am talking to the GW on the phone they come back slow rolling through the creek bottom. They disappear on the only section of road by the house I can't see. I hear a shot. Hop in the vehicle. They take off and a Winchester #5 shell is laying in the road. I follow them for 15 minutes waiting on the warden while guiding him in on my phone. Finally they lose me. 3 state wardens and a federal warden begin the search and can't find them because they fled back to AR. Turns out one of the AR wardens went to school with one of the guys and got him to talk. They confessed to a whole pile of stuff, but AR would only cooperate with KS if they only charged them with 1 thing. They got charged with illegal hunt which carried a $624 fine. I've got more stories. I live down a dead end road, and I noticed the traffic has picked up on it recently. Only 2 times I hate living out here...rifle deer and spring turkey.

shatcher

I hate it for you.  Trucks up and down my road all the time.  Some mornings I stand by the road drinking coffee in full camo.  They'll go down the road.  A few minutes later, they come back.  I love to turkey hunt, but enough of this has me wishing season would end.  There are a lot of respectable turkey hunters out there, but a lot of doga$$ 'turkey hunters' too.

NCL

This seems so foreign to me that anyone could be that blatantly disrespectful to a landowner. Maybe the first time could be overlooked but after a warning, "do you have permission" and they came back, they should have been prosecuted to the fullest.