News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A great day.

Started by captpete, April 13, 2021, 09:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Congrats man!!! :icon_thumright:

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

captpete

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Quote from: silvestris on April 13, 2021, 06:07:10 PM
"I couldn't get him to come out of strut. I yelped, whistled, yelled and even waved my arm. I ended up shooting him while he strutting."

Why I don't use decoys.  It takes the wild out of the bird.

That is your choice...to each their own. I on the other hand choose to use decoys. I'm sure in your Purest/ Elitist eyes that makes me a lesser hunter. Without a decoy, I would not have been able to watch that Jake do his thing for about 30 minutes and I wouldn't have been able to watch that Tom strut, spit, drum for about 10 minutes before I shot him. 2 GREAT shows that probably wouldn't have been seen.

Good luck this season.

silvestris

I am through judging,  but I am judgmental.  Good luck to you.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Twowithone

Congradulations on your Gobbler.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: silvestris on April 14, 2021, 11:18:07 AM
I am through judging,  but I am judgmental.  Good luck to you.
Why? Why do you care about how others hunt? As long as they are using lawful techniques, we should all support their efforts.

CAPTJJ

CAPTJJ

Quote from: silvestris on April 13, 2021, 06:07:10 PM
"I couldn't get him to come out of strut. I yelped, whistled, yelled and even waved my arm. I ended up shooting him while he strutting."

Why I don't use decoys.  It takes the wild out of the bird.

I've heard a lot of stupid comments in my life and that is one of the stupidest. If you don't want to congratulate someone keep your thought to yourself instead of trying to sound superior.

ElkTurkMan

Congrats on your turkey and on a great hunt. I also filled my first season Iowa tag on Monday as well . A great day indeed!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: CAPTJJ on April 14, 2021, 03:33:24 PM
I've heard a lot of stupid comments in my life and that is one of the stupidest. If you don't want to congratulate someone keep your thought to yourself instead of trying to sound superior.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

greencop01

Congrats sounds like you had a great day. I would say w/o the bird you still had a great day, but the bird you got topped the day off just right! :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Crghss

Congrats on a great hunt and experience.

Good times!
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Vintage

tomstopper

Very nice. Congratulations

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

captpete

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on April 14, 2021, 03:37:39 PM
Congrats on your turkey and on a great hunt. I also filled my first season Iowa tag on Monday as well . A great day indeed!

Thanks for the comment and congrats on your bird as well. Not sure where you were hunting, but the wind was pretty nasty most of the day around here....20-30mph with higher gusts.

Quote from: greencop01 on April 14, 2021, 04:14:10 PM
Congrats sounds like you had a great day. I would say w/o the bird you still had a great day, but the bird you got topped the day off just right! :OGturkeyhead:

You are exactly right....it was a great day!  :icon_thumright: Being able to take that Tom was just icing on the cake!! :z-guntootsmiley: