turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is it just me or what...

Started by Turkeyman, April 20, 2021, 04:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman

Please guys...when you post a picture...and I generally love to see them...see if it fits in the screen. Use the "preview" feature and look at it. I hate to have to use vertical and horizontal scroll bars to see a picture. When you post those huge pics with scroll bars I right click on it and select "Open image in new tab" to see it. Not rocket science to resize your pictures. But maybe that's just me.

Ozarks Hillbilly

I have noticed that on viewing the forum straight from the OG site I run into the oversized pictures that your talking about.  I haven't seen that viewing the forum through Tapatalk. Not sure but maybe posting pictures with Tapatalk are viewed differently when viewing on the OG.com?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Turkeyman

Yes...very possible cell phone, or Tapatalk, resizes...I dunno.

JeffC

Thank you Mr. Turkeyman, I figured it was me and not doing something right when looking at some pictures? I cant even load pictures till I re-size to smallest setting? I miss some pictures because of being to big to see.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

joey46

Have more picture problems on this forum than any other.  Always have.  Anytime I see "resize" on a pic in my collection I know why.  Often don't bother if I'm in hurry up mode.  Too bad.  I have pics going back to the 1980s that show hunts from both Ohio and LBL in KY. 

Number17

Every time I try to post a picture here, the same way that works on every other site, I get a message that the file or whatever is too big. So I don't post pictures here.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

btomlin

Can you resize an image on an Iphone?  I have to email them to my computer which is a pain.

joey46

Quote from: Number17 on April 21, 2021, 09:17:40 AM
Every time I try to post a picture here, the same way that works on every other site, I get a message that the file or whatever is too big. So I don't post pictures here.

Bingo - you and a multitude of others.

Old Timer

Turkeyman

Quote from: JeffC on April 21, 2021, 08:03:03 AM
Thank you Mr. Turkeyman, I figured it was me and not doing something right when looking at some pictures? I cant even load pictures till I re-size to smallest setting? I miss some pictures because of being to big to see.

Well I'm not a "Tapatalker" and post pictures with absolutely no problems using Imgur. This is what I do:
1) Log into Imgur...select "Add Images"
2) Browse for that image and select it.
3) It will show up on your Imgur page
4) Click on it...it will show up on it's own page
5) Down at the bottom, click "Large Thumbnail"...I've found this size to fit into a PC window quite nicely
6) Click the "Copy" button for BBCode (message boards and forums)
7) Go to OG and select whether you want to start a new topic, or reply...the screen comes up
8) Just do a "right click" and paste in the text area...don't choose the "Additional Options" down at the bottom
9) Select the "Preview" button in the lower right...your picture will show up. Now just add whatever text you want and do the preview deal again. If you don't like the size of the picture go back to Imgur and select another size...step 5 above...and do the copy and paste all over again. Personally, I like the large thumbnail size.

After you do this once or twice you'll be a pro. Again...I'm not a Tapatalker so don't know regarding it.

This is a large thumbnail from a camping trip.

Tail Feathers

My pics come out big, but using imgur, I don't see a way to change the size.  Any tips?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bigriverbum

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 21, 2021, 08:25:44 PM
My pics come out big, but using imgur, I don't see a way to change the size.  Any tips?

click on the picture you want to post and on the lower right hand side it has sizing options

Sizes:  Original · Small Square · Big Square · Small Thumbnail · Medium Thumbnail · Large Thumbnail · Huge Thumbnail

large thumbnail seems to work well on this board. then copy the BBCode(message boards & forums) and then past here

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on April 20, 2021, 07:52:04 PM
I have noticed that on viewing the forum straight from the OG site I run into the oversized pictures that your talking about.  I haven't seen that viewing the forum through Tapatalk. Not sure but maybe posting pictures with Tapatalk are viewed differently when viewing on the OG.com?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Same here. Good point!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

deadbuck

I have found that if I click on the sideways pic it will correct itself