Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional 02/13/2011 In His Image

Started by pappy, February 13, 2011, 11:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Genesis 1:26 - 27 " And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

I woke up in pain this morning from my back giving out, been in pain for three days, tremendous and often unbearable pain. I find some relief sitting in my chair at my desk, so I did a search of "Custom Made Knives" and sat there in utter amazement at the spectacular array of beautiful workmanship. These people are true creators of exquisite craftmanship, the shapes and colors, the look and feel of a custom built knife is unmatched by anything else, when it is in the hands of a collector or fellow craftsman.
I couldn't get over the time involved, the effort and foreknowledge needed to create such things of pure art....where in the world did they get their talent from?
When God created man, His creation was indeed one of a kind. The word creation simply put, causing what did not exsist to exsist...some folks say it is making something from nothing...I see it as a combination of both, taking something in the rawest form and making it into the purest form of self expression....isn't this what God did? Reaching to the earth, taking the dust molding it into His creation, in His image and after His likeness?
I have had people ask me, Bro. Jack, what does God look like? I say, look around you, see all there is and you will see God in the midst, He is afterall the the Creator....one little note, I like to look in my Topical Index and find a notable once in awhile, this time I looked up Creator...the suprememe being...the word above that caught my eye was "craftsman"...the word below it was "creature"...WE ARE THE FINISHED CUTOM BUILT ONE OF A KIND WORKMANSHIP CREATED IN THE HANDS OF THE FIRST AND FOREMOST CRAFTSMAN OF ALL TIME.
So, we should take care of ourselves like our worth depended on it...just like those beautiful custom made knives, mint condition is hard to come by, but when you get one that way........wow....when it is time for us to stand before our Maker / Creator...we must be in mint condtion, and that only comes through renewal, rebirthing through Christ Jesus.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

Roostem33

Amen Jack, that was a great analogy, He is the master craftsman!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Executioner

"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

gun for hire

Thank you for posting.  Your last paragraph really hit home.  I have been sliding, and letting God's temple become tarnished.  That has motivated be to begin the clean up.

turkey slayer

yellowacorns

What a wonderful post!  Praying that your back heals quickly! 

S.C.C

AMEN,thank you Bro. Jack...hope your back is feeling better....we all for sure need a spirit lift each and every day!!!

BOFF

Swampchickin234

Amen and god bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net