turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Crystal Pot Call-Opinions

Started by Gobble Nole, May 26, 2011, 11:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble Nole

I currently have a slate call by Billy White that I have used and like very much.  I am interested in purchasing a crystal or glass call for a bit of variety.  If you had to make a recommendation on a pot call with a crystal or glass surface, What would it be? 

Also, what striker would you use with it?  Money is not an issue, it can be any call within reason. 

Thanks...

Houndstooth Game Calls

I have a you tube clip in turkey calls and calling of a crystal and ceramic check them out and if you like the sound send me a pm  I havent figured out how to post a pic of them here yet be glad to email one to you!Plenty of good calls on here have fun great place with great people!

Lyle

SCtrkyhntr

Supreme Turkey Calls, Pure Death in Pinnacle with an ivory tipped striker is my favorite

lightsoutcalls

I personally don't care for crystal surfaces in my pot design.  I get a better sound and more consistency from bronzed glass.  Different pot designs generate different sounds with different surfaces.  Hope you find one you like.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Scout24

Bought a Halloran Crystal Mistress this year and killed my three birds with it. Hate to tell you how many pots I've bought over the years, 4 customs this year alone, and this one's a keepa. Never got to use the others as they all responded so well to this one. It's got a real rusty gate yelp with a long rollover that drives them nuts yet it tones down nicely for purrs and clucks. For a young guy he's got this one figured out.

870BkWht

I had a custom laminated pot with crystal made by Andy Kaiser of Kaiser's Kalls and its wicked.  Ive also heard and played a Crystal Mistress and it rocks also.

savduck

I like good crystal myself. my one of choice the last two season has been the Halloran crystal mistress, but I own and like crystals by joseph vaughn, blodgett calls, legacy, roberts brothers, Dads, and cane creek.

I own about 6 different ones from Joseph Vaughn. He used to make a mean one.
Georgia Boy

M Sharpe

Supreme Turkey Calls Strut Buster in any wood combo that Steve makes them in. Honduras Rosewood striker.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Gobble Nole

Well I have ordered 2 custom calls from Wendell at lights out custom calls and cant wait to get them.  I ordered a bronzed glass call and an aluminum due to the amazing feedback that I have read.  It seems that his aluminum calls are really top notch and are a must have for the vest.  Hopefully Wendell will be up and working on them and throw some pictures on the forum before he ships them out.  I'm fired up... :z-guntootsmiley:

Footballer

Anybody know what soundboard Hollaran's Crystal Mistress has?

Houndstooth Game Calls

I think it is slate and engraved.--Lyle

wisconsinteacher

I am going to be looking at a Hooks bronzed glass call for next year.

doepee

Hooks bronzed glass, crystal mystress, supreme pure death, perfections screamon deamon, Lon Trices bronze glass/glass are just a few