OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perrytrails

I will be getting the shot next week. Tested positive the last week in October. Spent several days in the hospital (no vent).

I went home and was on oxygen for a month. Was in mid January before I started to feel somewhat back to myself.

I'm 52, never had any serious health problems before. It affects people differently. Wife had it the same time. Was fine with in a week.

Your choice ... worse sickness I've ever experienced.

Cowboy

Quote from: RiverBuck on March 20, 2021, 04:16:17 PM
Anyone who thinks no one has died from the covid vaccine should do some research. A month ago the number was over 1,000. Google it or look at https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

You definitely won't get that info from any news outlet.
Agreed.  I'm NOT getting the shot. Dont trust anything the gov says.....Bill Gates has a youtube video from the past discussing human overpopulation so......

Cowboy

Quote from: Cowboy on March 20, 2021, 04:53:30 PM
Anyone who thinks no one has died from the covid vaccine should do some research. A month ago the number was over 1,000. Google it or look at https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

Agreed.  I'm NOT getting the shot. Dont trust anything the gov says.....Bill Gates has a youtube video from the past discussing human overpopulation so......
Forgot to mention that we BOTH had Covid first part of December.  Super tired and exhausted for about a month, but neither one of us coughed a single time during the whole ordeal. Headache and exhaustion though. Definitely not fun but never thought I'd kick out. Everyone needs to do what they feel they need to do though. Free Country as of right now....

huntineveryday

"Over 109 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through March 15, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 1,913 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS."

From: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

The line that states there is no clinical evidence that the vaccine contributed to patient deaths is the important one there. Correlation does not equal causation. There will be people that die within a short time from getting the vaccine that have nothing to do with the vaccine. The vaccine was given to nursing home residents, at risk individuals, and older age groups first, which skews those numbers higher. Even so, that's correlation with the vaccine, not causation.

Rapscallion Vermilion

The VAERS site does not report a causal relation, only that some people have died after getting the vaccine.  Around 8000 people per day die in the US and many of those, elderly and with serious health conditions, had recently received one of the vaccines. 

Howie g

Quote from: davisd9 on March 20, 2021, 10:49:55 AM
I am getting my second shot the 30th. I am 35 and in very good overall health. Never had the flu shot and never will. If I get Covid most likely it will be a nothing for me. I did not get the shots for me, I got it for my 75 year old dad in chemotherapy, my 69 year old mother that has high blood pressure and blood clotting disease, my 67 year old father in law, my 65 year old mother in law, my brother in law with CKF, my sister with a clotting disorder, and other people in my life. If it was just about me then I would not get it most likely, but the world is not just about me.
.  Top 5 post of the year , kudos

eggshell

I was going to post some data on Vaers and vaccine reactions, but huntineveryday and Rapscallion Vermilion beat me to it...well done fellas.

My money is on the vaccine all day every day

Yelper

I work for the school system and got my first shot last week, the moderna one and didn't have side effects at all other than a little sore around the shot area on my arm.

the Ward

Nope not getting it. 98% survival rate vs some Dr. Voodoo vaccine. I worry more about getting killed in a crash than dying of whuhan flu.Due to my occupation, I see fatal car crashes on a regular basis, but only known a handful of people that had corona. All of them were fine, including a few that had serious health conditions. Not saying that it isn't dangerous, but the media has driven a fear mongering filled narrative to accomplish certain goals they had. I have no problem with anyone who wants to get it, but it's not for me.

Which Gun

Not for me. I won't be getting it.

RiverBuck

Basically, some live their entire life like a wolf among sheep and will not comply.

Crghss

Quote from: RiverBuck on March 20, 2021, 07:40:49 PM
Basically, some live their entire life like a wolf among sheep and will not comply.

Now thats funny....
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Crghss on March 20, 2021, 01:06:42 PM
Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 20, 2021, 12:44:51 PMIt wouldn't have made any difference to me which one I received.

I'm taking whatever shot I can get. I'd rather not make other people. Millions have taken the shot and no one has died from it. Millions of people have had COVID and millions have died from it.

I'd prefer Pfizer or moderna over J&J. But tell me Meleagris gallopavo you think they're all the same? From the test results J&J seems less effective but that could be when the testing was done and new variants added to the equation.

Pfizer has over 260 billion paid out for malpractice suits and was given immunity from prosecution if anything goes wrong with their vaccine. They would be the last one I would choose the shot from if I wanted it.

By the way, I have a compromised immune system because I do not have a spleen, I used to get flu and pneumonia shoots all the time because of it and I ended up in the hospital almost every year with pneumonia or bronchitis, I stopped taking the shots and low and behold I have not ended up in the hospital in over 10 years at least and I think it is longer.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Which Gun

Better to be the wolf then the sheep lead to slaughter

Sixes

My wife and I both had the first round this past week. Both her parents, my Mom and her husband have all had the vaccination.

We weighed the options and decided to take the vaccine rather than to risk the effects of Covid.

We would probably be fine, but I know a few that have had a bad time with it.

I had one uncle on a ventilator for 11 weeks, another that died from it and a cousin that hasn't fully got over it since August.

A coworker's brother died from it at the age of 49