News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlam51

Quote from: Goblen on April 13, 2021, 01:05:06 PM
Nationwide pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to blood clotting.

Didn't see anything like that coming

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

fishr64

A guy that I work with just got out of the hospital from getting blood clots in his lungs following second Moderna vaccination. His doctor there said that they've had multiple cases of blood clots following the vaccinations. Blood clots are a side effect of Covid so not sure why they wouldn't have expected it with the vaccines.

For those that have gotten the vaccinations, please don't let any changes go unchecked!!

g8rvet

There is literally NO vaccine without risks.  None.  No matter what anyone tells you, there is no 100% safe vaccine.  It is the nature of a vaccine.  Guillian Barre, Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia, anaphylaxis, etc.  That is why I would never, under any circumstance except global extinction, support mandatory vaccinations.   It is up to each person to decide. But acting like you were right and the medical profession was wrong because one of (or even all of) the vaccines have a subset of reactions, side effects and/or serious issues just shows your basic lack of understanding of the immune system and medicine. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ChesterCopperpot

Six people experience blood clotting issues out of more than seven million doses and its, "See, I told you so." More than half a million die and its, "Meh, I'll take my chances."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggshell

My wife got the J&J vacccine, she went to her regular doctors appt today and her doctor said these blood clots are a type that shows up in a very small percent of people every year and are quite rare. With that said she told my wife that when you look at the occurrence rate for this syndrome before covid 19 and compare that to the 6 cases out of 7 million it's the same rate. She feels like this is just natural rate of occurrence in people who happened to be vaccinated and not related to the vaccine at all.   

WildTigerTrout

I got the J&J Vaccine five weeks ago through the VA Administration.  No problem.  I did have mild side effects 10 days afterward (ie. low grade fever, body aches, headache, loss of appetite).  Called the VA Clinic and the nurse told me it's possible to get effects up to two weeks following the shot.  Lasted one full day and then gone.  I feel fine. My wife got the Moderna through her work.  She had side effects with both shots but is fine now.  It's a personal decision unique to each person but I recommend getting the shot.  I know several people who have died from Covid.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Crghss

Well that'll put a damper on things.

I'll still get my second shot moderna.

Realize it's not J&J but still would get that one if it was offered.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

BigSlam51

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 13, 2021, 05:20:43 PM
Six people experience blood clotting issues out of more than seven million doses and its, "See, I told you so." More than half a million die and its, "Meh, I'll take my chances."

Yeah, because if this virus wasn't plastered all over the news I wouldn't even know it existed.

Crghss

Just be wandering around wondering where all the dead bodies come from.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

fallhnt

My niece got the vaccine in February and still got covid last week. Her husband and son had it last fall. She said the symptoms were as bad as her husband's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

g8rvet

Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 13, 2021, 08:25:53 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 13, 2021, 05:20:43 PM

Yeah, because if this virus wasn't plastered all over the news I wouldn't even know it existed.

I am really glad for you (truly).  I wish I could say the same.  Have lost family and friends. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.