News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Quote from: sswv on March 20, 2021, 10:40:36 AM
I'm over 60 and have heart issues along with a respiratory condition and I've never had a flu shot and will not be getting a covid vaccine. I do wish all those that do the very best. It just seems funny to me that all the medical issues this world has had since the very beginning there's a vaccine for this virus...WITHIN A YEAR?   just sayin'

It's new tech. and made by genetic modeling. The old vaccines had to be grown then made non-infectious. This all took much more time.

I will get my second shot March 29th and my wife got the J&J one shot and is done. In my career I had worked with a professor doing genetic research on fish and I trust this vaccine because I have a basic understanding of how it works. we will see this tech bring more medical breakthroughs in the years to come. I would say it's kind of like putting a combination lock on your cells.

I know of about 10 people in my area that died of covid and my neighbors spent weeks in the hospital with it. I don't even know one person who had any reaction to the vaccine....roll them dice on your life if your not getting it.

rakkin6

Not getting it, already tested positive for the antibodies last March when I was retiring from the Army. Never knew I had it because not so much has a cough or sniffle the 3 months prior to that. I am a healthy 43 year old that still works out 2 times a day. Save it for those that need it the most. Plus the Army injected me with rabies, smallpox, yellow fever, hepatitis, flunshot, anthrax, measles, mumps, rubella, polio and typhoid. Plus I have taken doxycycline and Mefloquine to prevent malaria. I may be immune to everything lol.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Meleagris gallopavo

I've had my first shot and the 2nd will be on 3/29.  My doctor's office offered it to all they're patients so I said "why not".  I get the flu shot every year when asked if I want it.  Again "why not".   I'm a scientist that works with viruses and other pathogens so I trust vaccines in general.  I know how the different COVID vaccines work.   The one shot Johnson & Johnson is more like traditional vaccines while the other 2 (Pfizer and Moderna) use mRNA and is similar to gene therapy as previously mentioned.  The shot I got was the Pfizer COVID vaccine.  It wouldn't have made any difference to me which one I received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

stinkpickle

I got my first Moderna shot last week.  Fortunately, that puts my second shot between the youth and regular gun seasons, so I have a day or two to recover.  The second shot is supposed to be a doozy.  I've read up on the new vaccines, and I'm fine with them.  I get flu shots each year, and I've never had an issue.  My parents want a more traditional vaccine, so they're waiting on the J&J one-shot. 

Crghss

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 20, 2021, 12:44:51 PMIt wouldn't have made any difference to me which one I received.

I'm taking whatever shot I can get. I'd rather not make other people. Millions have taken the shot and no one has died from it. Millions of people have had COVID and millions have died from it.

I'd prefer Pfizer or moderna over J&J. But tell me Meleagris gallopavo you think they're all the same? From the test results J&J seems less effective but that could be when the testing was done and new variants added to the equation.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

mtns2hunt

I have already had one shot and will be getting my second in about two weeks. I have worked in the in medicine and in pharma. I can not imagine not getting the vacine. Republican or Democrate you should take the vacine. By the way I vote independant as if it matters.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

bbcoach

The Mrs. and I had our first dose on Thursday.  Scheduled for our second on the fifteenth of April.  Piece of cake guys.  Walked in, answered a few questions, went straight to a nurse answered a few more questions, had the shot, went to a table for scheduling the second shot and set down for 15 minutes.  Back out the door in 25 minutes.  If you didn't have to wait the 15 minutes total time would be about 10.  Zero effects.  Neither of us have any underlying medical conditions and we are 63 and 64 years old so...
Everyone has their reasons FOR or AGAINST so I'll leave it at that!

AndyH

My wife a teacher has had both shots and was very sick after her second dose. I am eligible for mine but am still on the fence. I do feel like I will be forced to eventually get it wether it be to travel, my employer or just to see my kids play sports.

Loyalist84

I'll be getting mine whenever the Canadian supply guarantees getting both shots within the suggested timeline. As a non-essential worker and a 26 year old, that will be quite a while, I should think, but I've no real qualms about taking any of them, but I'll be looking for the Moderna if I can get it seeing as it seems to do the best against variants from what little I have heard.

huntineveryday

I'm vaccinated. First dose of Moderna before Christmas, 2nd 4 weeks later in January (I work in healthcare in close contact with patients). My wife was able to take her first dose of Pfizer two weeks ago. I felt like crap and had a fever for about 24 hours the day after my second dose, but that's it.

I'm happy to have it. The development of these vaccines are an example of what modern medicine is capable of accomplishing when funding and worldwide cooperation are available. Millions of doses delivered with very low rate of serious side effects in the short term, with great efficacy at preventing serious complications from the virus. We don't know what the long term effects will be yet, but all indications are that there shouldn't be any. People like to bring that up as a reason to not get vaccinated, but they fail to mention the potential for long term effects post-covid. And we are seeing more and more potential for that, even in individuals that had very few symptoms when they had the virus. The choice is really between the potential long term effects of the vaccine and the potential long term effects of covid.

Sir-diealot

Nope.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

We all have to hope that the vaccine will cause no long term effects. Think of it like an LED lamp. They state that they will last 50,000 hours or more. They haven't been on the market long enough to have burned this long. We just have to accept their claim that they will. I wish everyone a healthy, happy , successful season.   
"Solo hunter"

RiverBuck

More power to ya... I'd trust a prostate exam from Capt. Hook more than this fast tracked vaccine.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Crghss on March 20, 2021, 01:06:42 PM
Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 20, 2021, 12:44:51 PMIt wouldn't have made any difference to me which one I received.

I'm taking whatever shot I can get. I'd rather not make other people. Millions have taken the shot and no one has died from it. Millions of people have had COVID and millions have died from it.

I'd prefer Pfizer or moderna over J&J. But tell me Meleagris gallopavo you think they're all the same? From the test results J&J seems less effective but that could be when the testing was done and new variants added to the equation.
I think the J&J is a little less than the Pfizer or Moderna.  I believe the Moderna is the most effective followed closely by the Pfizer.  I'd just take the one that's offered.  I'd rather have the least effective than nothing.  My wife has had both Moderna shots.  I've had one Pfizer, and my daughter just got the J&J at college.  My 16 year old son hasn't gotten a shot but he'll get one when it's his turn.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

RiverBuck

Anyone who thinks no one has died from the covid vaccine should do some research. A month ago the number was over 1,000. Google it or look at https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

You definitely won't get that info from any news outlet.