OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

So, how many folks here have received the vaccine?  At 69, I finally got notified that I am in line to get the first shot next week.  Almost everybody I know, including a bunch of folks half my age that have no "underlying conditions" or fall into the "essential worker" category, have gotten the vaccine.  Granted, I realize this whole thing has been a cluster, but it seems to me there could be a bit more control over the process than what I have personally witnessed. 

Nevertheless, I am relieved to finally be getting it....   ::)

BigSlam51

I'm not getting it. Haven't had the flu shot in 20 years either.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

I'll be getting my 2nd shot today.  I would agree that it seems pretty random here in New Mexico, but three weeks ago I hardly knew anyone who had received a shot and now almost everyone in our age group has received at least their first shot.  The up side to scheduling sites like our NM system is that they haven't put the burden on folks to spend hours online trying to find open appointment slots.

turkey stew

I received my first shot last Thursday in Michigan. My wife just this Friday. I did have to watch the online services to set them up.

CAPTJJ

No flu shots for me either and passing on this one for a disease with a high survival rate. This isn't a traditional vaccine, it's really an experimental gene therapy that was first intended as a cancer treatment but was unsuccessful.  One important thing to note is the "vaccines" have not been approved but given an emergency use authorization, big difference. There has been zero study of long term side effects, or how long any protection lasts. The pharmaceutical companies do have another way of making millions though.

sswv

I'm over 60 and have heart issues along with a respiratory condition and I've never had a flu shot and will not be getting a covid vaccine. I do wish all those that do the very best. It just seems funny to me that all the medical issues this world has had since the very beginning there's a vaccine for this virus...WITHIN A YEAR?   just sayin'

davisd9

I am getting my second shot the 30th. I am 35 and in very good overall health. Never had the flu shot and never will. If I get Covid most likely it will be a nothing for me. I did not get the shots for me, I got it for my 75 year old dad in chemotherapy, my 69 year old mother that has high blood pressure and blood clotting disease, my 67 year old father in law, my 65 year old mother in law, my brother in law with CKF, my sister with a clotting disorder, and other people in my life. If it was just about me then I would not get it most likely, but the world is not just about me.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkey stew

I believe everyone has a choice. I had one close friend that suffered and died from covid. Two other friends in their 70s that said it was the worse virus they ever had and were lucky to survive! They are now  going to get their vaccines. My brother and sister inlaw had the virus. She had a severe case. We all live in rural areas, are republicans, and voted for President Trump. I`m a certified educated redneck!

Dtrkyman

Not getting it, save it for the folks who need it.  I am not anti vax however it is just turning into a money grab, how many politicians are invested in these companies?

I know a dozen friends who have had Covid, only one was sick to any serious extent but recovered, most felt tired for a few days and that was it.

It will soon be weaponized, can only go here or there with proof of Vaccine.  BS.

Hope everyone stays healthy.

lowoctane

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 20, 2021, 10:55:46 AM
Not getting it, save it for the folks who need it.  I am not anti vax however it is just turning into a money grab, how many politicians are invested in these companies?

I know a dozen friends who have had Covid, only one was sick to any serious extent but recovered, most felt tired for a few days and that was it.

It will soon be weaponized, can only go here or there with proof of Vaccine.  BS. THIS! I BELIEVE IT!

Hope everyone stays healthy.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

mountaineer long beard

I dont plan on getting it either. I'm 36 and in relatively good health and don't really go around anybody that would be considered at risk except my dad and he is vehemently against it.

I agree that it's very likely those that don't get vaccinated will have their freedom of movement(and possibly many more) greatly reduced.

The govt is being nice about it now but I assume once all the volunteers have their shots the strong arming will begin.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

bobk

The Mrs. and myself had Covid over the holidays.It took nearly two months dragging around the house before we were back to normal.

Just returned from getting the first dose. If possible, I don't want to waste more time being sick.

Greg Massey

It's all up to you as individuals to get the shot or not. My wife works in the health care field and on most days she see's around 250 patients so that ruffly just over 1000 people a week during her work week. It's not so much the fear of getting sick from the vaccine. It's more of a fear of getting the virus and spreading it to other people. I agree we don't still understand a lot about the virus, but if you get the virus, life could be a matter of life or death. So in my opinion the only way out right now is to get the vaccine. SO to answer your question, yes the wife and I had the vaccine. Everyone working in her office including the doctors have all had the vaccine and no one in her office had any side affects from the vaccine. So agree it all a gamble, but i never have been to lucky at gambling. So for now it all about choice, one day you may not have that opportunity to choose. Good luck either way. I pray i never lose anyone to this CHINA VIRUS. JMO

mastevt

Had to get it since I work in the Ambulance shop.  High risk I was told.  Received both shots.  No issues, other than the arm was
a little sore afterwards for a day.

Turkeyman

I got both shots, my wife gets her second Thursday. I had no side effects. As far as the dangers of Covid, as most of you know, that varies. A good friend got Covid last March and darn near died...on a ventilator for 10 days. He terms it as ten days in hell. At 78 the doctors and nurses had him dead. My take regarding people not wanting the vaccine is that's fine. However, when everyone is vaccinated that wants to be vaccinated I want to see no restrictions. Then if an unvaccinated person gets it that was their choice.