OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Turkey Call Poll

Started by TANK, February 13, 2011, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favorite turkey call?

Wingbone
3 (2.2%)
Box Call
16 (11.8%)
Slate/Pot Call
59 (43.4%)
Mouth Call
50 (36.8%)
Push Pull Call
2 (1.5%)
Other (natural voice/ Cherry Leaf , Etc
6 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 131

PANYHunter

I voted slate call because thats what im best with.  Second is mouth call which is what i usually switch to if the bird is close.

slave601

mouth call. i can do anything on it and no hand movement :z-guntootsmiley:
"thinnin the flock"

ElkTurkMan

I voted Pot call, but the tube call is gaining ground with me.

savduck

I like a mouth call 1st, but a good pot is hard to beat.  I love them both. I voted mouth call just beacuse there is no hand movement needed to run one.
Georgia Boy

Limbstrutter

Pot call. Just love the way they sound.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

VAHUNTER

my vote went to a mouth call. pot call would run 2nd. favorite
Good things come to those who wait

Shotgun

Mouth call..I'd say 90% of the turkeys I kill are called in by a mouth call alone.

Flydown

Mouth call But I like them all at some point of the season. ;D

ncturkey

I like the mouth call the most favorite. My pot caller would be second. trumpet and wingbone third, and the box caller being last. I have alot of mouth calls. My favorite would be a Hook's caller called "The Finisher" It is smaller than most mouth caller which is great for my small mouth. It does all the sounds of a turkey. Being hands free is a plus for me. I just like them the most.

wildcat14

I went with mouth.  Less movement, easier to carry and can add enthusiasm to the calls.

4nwtf

Quote from: savduck on February 13, 2011, 01:08:50 PM
I like a mouth call 1st, but a good pot is hard to beat.  I love them both. I voted mouth call just beacuse there is no hand movement needed to run one.

My thoughts as well

kyhareraiser

i have a wingbone call made and can't make any sounds hardly(that sounds like a turkey anyways),,,,i hace mouth calls ,but when i need to squeek,,i squalk and when i need to make light sounds they come out like thunder,,i have sone scratch boxes and tey kinda work but on windy days they are not loud enough ,i have bunches of slate,glass,aluminum,and copper pots and diffrent strikers ,,but when it comes down to takin' the tom's   the box call does all i need done  to bring him in..i do sometimes use a slate pot call with two strikers to sound kike a fight to get the toms and hens to head my way,,but my best call once i get a gobbler to fire up on me callin' is  SILENCE ''

Cove

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 13, 2011, 11:36:14 AM
I voted mouthcall.. I dont think anything is as versatile or allows inflection as well as a mouthcall in the right hands..

x2

perrysbirds

I have a funny feeling I just bought my favorite call!!
One of Wendall Ryes and its a thing of beauty!
I cant wait to try it out this spring.
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

turkey slayer

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 13, 2011, 11:36:14 AM
I voted mouthcall.. I dont think anything is as versatile or allows inflection as well as a mouthcall in the right hands..
I agree, seems to always be my best in any situation