OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which pattern would you pic for the given conditions....

Started by Reloader, May 25, 2011, 11:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm going to have my black SX2 dipped and can't decide which color I want.  I really like the MWSM, but after seeing it in the field I'm not sure if it would be the best.  Our season opens prior to the green up most years, so fall colors work well.  I asl

MWSM
3 (6.7%)
MO Infinity
35 (77.8%)
Long Leaf Green
6 (13.3%)
MWFM
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Reloader

I'm going to have my black SX2 dipped and can't decide which color I want.  I really like the MWSM, but after seeing it in the field I'm not sure if it would be the best.  Our season opens prior to the green up most years, so fall colors work well.  I aslo hunt Texas every year before the green up.  While I hunt a bit late season some years, my need would be for pregreen-up on most hunts.  When we hunted TX this year my cousin wore a MWSM leafy suit and it just looked too green to me.  I like MOBU, but having everything in it has led me twds something alittle different for this project. Please look at the attached pics and cast a vote.

MOBU Infinity:

MWSM:

MWFM:

LLCG:

Thanks,

Reloader

BrowningGuy88

I am a huge fan of the GREEN patterns. My favorite pattern ever is Mossy Oak Green Leaf - nobody I can find dip it though :'( :'( :'(

njdevilsb

I would go with MWFM, followed by MOBU as a second choice.  I agree on what you are saying with the green.  Even here in NY in early may, the fields we hunted were green, but the woods were still very open and very bare, pretty much looked like fall still.  Everything has greened up pretty good where I'm at in the last couple of weeks, though.

decoykrvr

Ronny,
Almost all of the really good turkey hunters I know are all extremely meticulous in all aspects of the sport which contributes to their ultimate success.  My wife has lately taken to besmirching me and my love of the sport with all its myriad intricacies as being, "Turkey Anal".  All of the patterns which you posted will be most pleasing to most gobblers, even though, all most of them will actually see is the black hole-end of your barrel, if they even see that, prior their demise.  I revel in your camo conundrum and appreciate the opportunity to cast my vote for the MO Infinity.
Craig

sugarray

What I have noticed and learned from here is that most camo is too dark.  If you sit in the woods early or late, most of everything is lighter than we are a we look like a big black hole sitting out there.  I voted for MOBU infinity, but think the lighter LLC would work well.  More b/c the others are very dark to my eye and I think the lighter patterns blend in better.  Think about a deer and a bear.

neal

MO Infinity its the open pattern that is the killer most camo looks great but if you pack so much in a small area it looks like a dark blob from a distance, so IMO the more open the pattern the better concealed you are.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I voted handsdown the MOBU Infinity.  I have alays been a huge fan of the Realtree Advantage camo, and to me this is close to it.  

stinkpickle

I'd pick MO Infinity out of those choices.  It won't matter to the birds, though.  ;)

jig pitcher

MOBU.  Squint yourt eyes and the others become monochromatic masses.  The MOBU retains the contrasts better to me.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: jig pitcher on May 25, 2011, 01:09:58 PM
MOBU.  Squint yourt eyes and the others become monochromatic masses.  The MOBU retains the contrasts better to me.

I agree.  Almost too 3D looking. 

gatrkyhntr70

have to go with the Infinity Ronny. Let us know what you go with.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

goblr77

Jay Longhauser

I like the mossy oak break up infinity.  I have always liked the mossy oak obsession too.  I do think it can be more green than the woods early in the year.  Also by the time everything is green its usually so thick by then that I feel like I could probably get away with a brown shirt and pants.  Im more worried about the camo color early with open woods and no leaves.

Reloader

Looks like Infinity by far is the most popular.  I do like it, but also like the LLC. After looking at the larger pictures of them, the more open two sure look better.

Jay, I agree, early hunting requires more attention to camo.

pullit

If your hunting around where things green up faster, (I am guessing that LA does) that might play into your pick.