OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No love for Bushnell TRS-25?

Started by YukonC, March 05, 2021, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

I have two, never had any issues. Great battery life.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

davisd9

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 10, 2021, 06:40:58 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on March 10, 2021, 09:30:26 AM
I planned to purchase on for my son's gun this year.  After reading more recent reviews I went to the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 for just a bit more.  They were, and still may be, great sights but since it was my son's gun for his first hunts there were too many red flags on the more recent purchases for me.
There was a big run of counterfeit TRS-25s last year.  They were absolute GARBAGE  and unfortunately the actual brand name model got lumped in with the trash.  I've owned 4 of them and they are all at least 6 years old and every one is still running like a champ.

This is true but Bushnell has also made changes to the unit.  You can tell the older from the newer by the color of the word Bushnell on it.  If it would have just been for me I would have taken the chance but for my boy's first opportunity it was worth the $50 for peace of mind.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Big Jeremy

Great little sight. I have one on my daughter's 20, and it functions flawlessly. As someone else mentioned, the only real drawback in my opinion is how stiff the thing is to turn on. Of course, some may see that as a plus so it doesn't get turned on accidentally. Anyway...great red dot.