turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No love for Bushnell TRS-25?

Started by YukonC, March 05, 2021, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

First off I have a Fast Fire 3 and I like it but I was on the hunt for a cheaper dot for my stevens 301 and found the TRS. Got it today. Feels really well made and the dot is very clear. Why don't we hear more about these? I'm impressed so far. We will see if it holds zero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

I bought a Bushnell Trophy Red dot about 12 years ago to go on my 835.  She has been on NUMEROUS trips including airline flights and has only had 3 1/2 " Hevis down the pipe with ZERO issues.  The TRS should hold up just fine.  I think you see the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge thing with Red dots.  Same as call makers with turkey hunters.  Personal choice PERIOD!

owlhoot

Quote from: bbcoach on March 05, 2021, 07:32:06 PM
I bought a Bushnell Trophy Red dot about 12 years ago to go on my 835.  She has been on NUMEROUS trips including airline flights and has only had 3 1/2 " Hevis down the pipe with ZERO issues.  The TRS should hold up just fine.  I think you see the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge thing with Red dots.  Same as call makers with turkey hunters.  Personal choice PERIOD!
I've got a Bushnell trophy too, that old or older. Son has it in his gun and will not change. Does just fine.
The TRS and the Fast fires are kind off two different styles I think? Fast fire being much more compact .
The TRS has good reviews and should be just fine, also saving you some bucks.

mountaineer long beard

I also have a TRS-25 that I bought in 2017 I think. Had it on a mossberg 535 and is now on my m3500. I haven't had any issues with it, but its the only decent red dot I've owned so I'm certainly not an expert on the matter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

the Ward

I bought one when they came out. It has been a great sight. Held zero on every gun i had it on, and battery life is good. Only 2 complaints, if i can even categorize them as such, is the power knob is stiff to turn, and it has a lot of blue tint to the lens. It is not an aimpoint, and i don't expect it to be, but i would be hard pressed to find a better, more usable red dot anywhere near it's price range. Very happy with it!

Greg Massey

I have 2 of them on guns and never has a problem with them. Bushnell TRS-25

tnanh

I have one on the kickinest single shot 12 in the world. Been using it for about 4 years and has never had a problem. This gun has so much recoil that it has broken base screws and scope ring screws. I put the trs 25 on top because it was lighter than most scopes and it solved the problem. I also have one that works just fine on my crossbow.

RED NECK

I have a couple of them on my guns with no issues.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

superx2

Been trying to decide what red dot to go with was looking all over from $500 red dots down.decided to pull the trigger on one of these. save the rest of the money for other toys!!!! hope I like it. reviews look great and for $69

PALongspur

Great little sight for the money for sure! I just replaced the battery on one that I believe I've had for three years now. Zero issues. Also thinking of trying one of their reflex sights during the off-season.

Muzzy61

Great value for a really good sight. I 've had one on my 835 shooting 3.5" for several years with no problems. Good battery life holds it's POA. Just put on on my grandsons Steven 301 .410.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

superx2

Got mine in. And mounted up. Can't wait to sight it In.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7shooter

Running one on my sons 20 for 4 years now, he prefers it over the fast fire sights.   Great sight

davisd9

I planned to purchase on for my son's gun this year.  After reading more recent reviews I went to the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 for just a bit more.  They were, and still may be, great sights but since it was my son's gun for his first hunts there were too many red flags on the more recent purchases for me.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: davisd9 on March 10, 2021, 09:30:26 AM
I planned to purchase on for my son's gun this year.  After reading more recent reviews I went to the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 for just a bit more.  They were, and still may be, great sights but since it was my son's gun for his first hunts there were too many red flags on the more recent purchases for me.
There was a big run of counterfeit TRS-25s last year.  They were absolute GARBAGE  and unfortunately the actual brand name model got lumped in with the trash.  I've owned 4 of them and they are all at least 6 years old and every one is still running like a champ.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.