OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

M2 guys give me your opinion

Started by bigbird, February 28, 2021, 09:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I'm kicking around building an m2 20 gauge after the smoke clears and things start being available again. I want to know what you use for a mount for a holographic sight? Speed bead mount or a sum toy mount? Or do you have something else that works for you? Just trying to get a plan together so when I find one I can start looking for all the pieces that I want to put on it. I plan on a vortex venom sight. I have one on my SX3 and I like it so I will probably stick with that brand. Any input is appreciated and thanks for it in advance. Good luck and be safe this spring

turkey_slayer

Speedbead, Wolff recoil spring and steady grip stock

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DBuck90

I run a benelli M2 24 in barrel with a marlin 336 Mount and a Burris fast fire 3 Taran tactical trigger and hammer spring and a jebs 560 choke
If you aren't dead set on a benelli I would look into Retay less price same inertia system already comes drilled and tapped where the benelli you would have to get that done also the Retay has a 2 inch shorter barrel over sized bolt release and handle also they run the same chokes if Retay would have released the turkey model last year that's what I would have bought over my M2 food for thought

bpsmag1026

Skeet16

Sumtoy mount w/ Burris FF3
I agree with replacing all springs as well, much better trigger pull and that recoil spring will keep that benelli from clicking on you when you try to easily insert a shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justinbowhunter

Sumtoy mount with a Venom red dot. I shoot an IC 555 with apex 9's, the gun is a killer for sure.

PALongspur

I used a Speedbead hard for one season with zero issues. However, I've since went back to beads.

Kyle_Ott

I'm not a fan of holographic sights due to issues with condensation on humid days and issues with water on the lens during rainy day situations.  I'm hunting rain or shine and I don't want any complications caused by an optic which is why I run Williams fire sights on my M2 compact.

The trigger on my compact is actually pretty smooth and it's right around 4.75 lbs so I haven't messed with it. I run the standard recoil spring, as well; I let my action slam home or use my finger to ensure the bolt head is fully engaged in situations where I need to load quietly.  I hear good things about the Wolf spring but I have never had any reason to install one. 

With an Indian Creek .555 I'm patterning in the high 330's-low 340's with 1 5/8s 9s.