OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun Skins?

Started by Johnhunter21, February 15, 2021, 09:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnhunter21

Was looking at Gunskins and like alot of youtube vids, they make it look very simple putting it on. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this and how it turned out and held up? Im pretty particular so wrinkles and imperfections would bother me.

RED NECK

I like the mossy oak ones.If you take your time and use the proper tools you can do an excellent job and they hold up.I have had one gun done for 5 years and it looks like it did the day I wrapped it. But good luck getting it 100% perfect. I would say 95-97% is as close as you will get.You will have the odd spot.I did 11-12 guns the last 5 or so years.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

Quote from: Johnhunter21 on February 15, 2021, 09:52:58 PM
Was looking at Gunskins and like alot of youtube vids, they make it look very simple putting it on. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this and how it turned out and held up? Im pretty particular so wrinkles and imperfections would bother me.

Yes, I got great advice on this forum. Very easy to install, but use a hair dryer. The heat makes it lay perfectly, no wrinkles. Again, be patient, take your time and it comes out perfect. Looks like it was dipped. Best of luck. Here is a Browning 16 I did in bottomland...
"Solo hunter"

Johnhunter21

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Cottonmouth

I did my 870 with the Mossy Oak wrap a couple of weeks ago. I was happy with how it turned out. Just take your time

Mossyguy

The Mossy Oak ones are pretty good. Like the others have said...take your time. I've got a few wrinkles in certain spots but unless you look close you can't tell...and the turkeys haven't complained either...

eddie234

I did my 870 20gauge, use a sharp knife, take your time and use a heat gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

albrubacker

Never used Gunskins. But have 3 with the MO wrap. No problems so far.
If you super particular about a wrinkle you should go with the dip route.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Tom007

Quote from: albrubacker on February 17, 2021, 09:46:35 AM

Looks great. The hair dryer got rid of the little wrinkles I had. Great product.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Cottonmouth on February 16, 2021, 07:22:23 PM
I did my 870 with the Mossy Oak wrap a couple of weeks ago. I was happy with how it turned out. Just take your time

Looks fine
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: eddie234 on February 16, 2021, 09:02:13 PM

I did my 870 20gauge, use a sharp knife, take your time and use a heat gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks fine
"Solo hunter"

Mallard1897

The MO graphics are hard to beat. Did my remington SPR 453 with it over 6 years ago and it's held up well. Being my main waterfowl gun it's taken a beating but has held up surprisingly well. Did my old 870 20ga last year as the original parkerized finish was wearing off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: Mallard1897 on February 17, 2021, 10:03:16 PM
The MO graphics are hard to beat. Did my remington SPR 453 with it over 6 years ago and it's held up well. Being my main waterfowl gun it's taken a beating but has held up surprisingly well. Did my old 870 20ga last year as the original parkerized finish was wearing off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks great..
"Solo hunter"

albrubacker

Quote from: Tom007 on February 17, 2021, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: albrubacker on February 17, 2021, 09:46:35 AM
My biggest prolem areas are around the ends of the forearm.

Looks great. The hair dryer got rid of the little wrinkles I had. Great product.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott