OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

CornBread + Petey.

Started by quavers59, February 14, 2021, 08:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

CornBread + Petey are a couple of young 18 year olds just out of High School in New York State.
   CornBread's real name is Avery. His Mother still makes CornBread a few days a week and young Avery is seen with it his whole young life-- so his friends  started to call him CornBread.
   Now Petey is CornBreads best friend. They Wrestled in High School and both had pretty good records + then ran Track.
   CornBread loved the Long Jump and was jumping over 19 feet by his Senior year. And Petey ran middle distance at 440 yards or a 1/4 mile. A Grinder event that most avoided. And you better call Petey- Pete. More so if he did not like you.
   Now old Uncle Elmer of Cuddlebackville lived close to CornBread + Petey. A known outlaw who bagged more then his share of 2 New York Spring Gobblers. He would try for 4 of them if time allowed during the month of May.
   Old Uncle Elmer lives alone and is now in his mid 70s. A mean son of a bitch he is and he does not talk much. He saw too much during the tail end of the Vietnam War..
   Old Uncle Elmer liked CornBread  + Petey though and passed on his sly outlaw tactics to the young duo. His main tactic was to sneak close to a Field edge where other Spring Turkey hunters were already working a Gobbler and just show himself  briefly-- ever so briefly  so that the Gobbler would be in a major Spook! And race on in to the close by Wetlands would the Tom go.
  Ain't  no one could call so soft + good on a slate as old Uncle Elmer. Within 1 hour- he usually had that Gobbler over his Shoulder. He usually  took his time walking out to avoid other Turkey Hunters. He did not want to be seen as he would be back for #s 3 + 4 soon enough.
   So CornBread + Petey learned from this skillful outlaw. CornBread used a slate + Petey used a big ol Box call for Loud Yelping. Black Walnut that Big Box was.
   A plan was worked out by the time CornBread + Petey were nearly 17 and driving by now. CornBread + Petey would hunt together  in May and old Uncle Elmer had his areas on this huge Public Ground. After nearly 3 Years under old Uncle Elmer-- he cut them loose.
   Now CornBread + Petey unloaded containers at walmart. The Noon to 9PM shift. They could be out every early  morning  in May.
   Their outlaw Mentor taught them too well . Both got 3 Gobblers during New York's  Spring Turkey Season at age 17. 1 Gobbler over the limit that was.
   Next Spring they both wanted  to bag 4 Gobblers like their Mentor. CornBread + Petey  added one more element-- Fast Sprinting between Gobbles.
   With each Gobble- they Sprinted Forward as only 2 Track Athletes could. Often under observation  of Field edge Turkey Hunters who looked on in disbelief.
        THE ERA OF CORNBREAD + PETEY HAD BEGUN...
   Hope Y'all enjoyed this Fictional story.

crow

If the old man teaches those 2 how to use mt. bikes and train whistle locater calls, there won't be a turkey left in NY

GobbleNut

Around these here parts, old Elmer, Cornbread, and Petey would have been turned in as poachers lickety split by old Sunny Jim and had their durn huntin' rights revoked fir a bunch'a years.  Old Sunny Jim would'a taken the game thief money he got from turnin' them poachers in an' bought hisself some brand spankin' new huntin' stuff!

If'n old Sunny Jim ever caught any of them three out in the turkey woods agin a'poachin, there's a chance the three of 'em might be gone missin' fir a long while....  :toothy9:  :angel9:

quavers59

Gobblenut- just a Fictional Sunday morning story.

GobbleNut

Quote from: quavers59 on February 14, 2021, 10:38:23 AM
  Gobblenut- just a Fictional Sunday morning story.

Yeah, I got the fictional part.  My response was also "fictional" but I figured I would make my position on poaching, fictional or not, crystal clear for anybody that might view your story as being one of admiration for folks that, because they are good turkey hunters, don't feel they need to adhere to the law. 

I just thought I would add to your story to tell how they would have been dealt with "in these here parts".  That is, no admiration,....just total disdain,...and jail time. 

quavers59

Gobblenut-Lighten up. Just a funny Fictional story. If you have any one of my 3 Turkey Books- they are probably  in the garbage by now- lol

Greg Massey

I wonder how long they worked at Walmart .. :OGturkeyhead:

Spitten and drummen

Gobblenut... relax. Just some entertainment. Waiting on part two.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

quavers59

Sorry for the Fictional story guys. I am a guy who has given back for the last 8 years to generations of Wild Turkeys by getting out every morning at 7am to feed them.
   26"s of Snow fell not too long ago. A no Hunting zone here.
   If someone  did try to Spring hunt in this area, I  would definitely  abort my own own Hunt elsewhere to call Authorities.  That is part of giving back. I already had to talk to a few people  in past Springs.
   They left before going in. I do go 240lbs at 5' 9" from Bodybuilding- so that might have helped.
  And so far TG,I have not had to use my 45 years of Boxing, 40 Years of Karate, Muay Thai, and standing Jujitsu outside of the Dojo.
   Agai. Sorry for the Fictional story above.
  Out now for a 2 mile Snowhike to get ready  for Spri g Turkey Hunting.

GobbleNut

Okay,...taking some deep breaths in my yoga position.   :angel9:
I guess I have just dealt with enough poachers in my life (and have collected a few dollars from operation game thief because of it  ;D ) that I look a little differently at made-up stories that seem to aggrandize those types of A-Holes! 
My apologies to anybody that has taken offense to my additional moralizing on the matter....   :)

crow

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 14, 2021, 11:16:58 AM
I wonder how long they worked at Walmart .. :OGturkeyhead:

I think at least one of them relocated to my local W. Mart

the other day while I was there shopping for a valentines gift ( I was too dressed up to go in the Dollar Store) a Blue Light Special announcement said "Win. Longbeard Ammo now available at the Sporting Goods register"

Next thing I know theres a draft on the back of my neck as a W. Mart employee speeds past me pushing a shopping cart with one hand while trying to wiggle out of his Blue vest with the other.

What I may have mistook at the time as a partly eaten twinky falling out of his vest pocket, now thinking back it may have been a wedged shaped piece of cornbread cut from a cast iron skillet.