OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My original Walnut Stock Benelli SBE

Started by Tom007, February 11, 2021, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Well with the drudges of winter upon us, I had to find something to do. I bought a Heckler & Koch Benelli Super Black Eagle when it first came out in the mid 90's, the price was way way lower than they are now.  It was one of the first 3.5 semi autos to hit the market. It has a Satin walnut stock. I use it for waterfowl mostly. I want to take it in the turkey woods, so I decided it was time. I purchased an Aimpoint red dot. Installed it nice and low on the rib. I put a Pure Gold Tempest .670 choke in it. Will pattern test when snow calms down, and it warms up.. The gun is very light, I think I will enjoy running and gunning with her. Hope you are all well, stay safe.....
"Solo hunter"

WildTigerTrout

Tom,  nice rig.  I bought my Benelli SBE I back in the early 2000's. It's Advantage Timber camo with a 24 inch barrel.  I had it drilled and tapped and mounted a Leupold/Gilmore LG 35 red dot sight on it.  Put a Kick's GT .655 choke in it.  Shot Winchester "Supreme" 3.5 inch HV 2 oz. #6 in it for a long time.  I killed quite a few nice gobblers with that setup.  For this spring I have decided to experiment a little and recently purchased a Carlson's Long Beard XR .650 choke to try with Win. 3.5 inch 2oz. #6 shot Long beards. It just fun experimenting.  Have fun and enjoy your new, old toy!  Ha.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on February 11, 2021, 06:59:09 PM
Tom,  nice rig.  I bought my Benelli SBE I back in the early 2000's. It's Advantage Timber camo with a 24 inch barrel.  I had it drilled and tapped and mounted a Leupold/Gilmore LG 35 red dot sight on it.  Put a Kick's GT .655 choke in it.  Shot Winchester "Supreme" 3.5 inch HV 2 oz. #6 in it for a long time.  I killed quite a few nice gobblers with that setup.  For this spring I have decided to experiment a little and recently purchased a Carlson's Long Beard XR .650 choke to try with Win. 3.5 inch 2oz. #6 shot Long beards. It just fun experimenting.  Have fun and enjoy your new, old toy!  Ha.

You bet my friend. I love Benellis. The Montefeltro bolt is smooth as silk. You got a great gun there. That 24 incher is the ultimate turkey Benelli... I originally hunted an SP 10 Remington 10 gauge. It was a turkey duster, but weighed a ton. I sold it to buy the Benelli. I love the SBE, but I also wish I kept the 10 gauge. They are sought after now. My problem like all of us is I love collecting turkey guns. It's a great hobby....just tough deciding which one to take out....be safe, best of luck this spring....

"Solo hunter"

lunghit

That is a beauty Tom. I have owned a few Benelli's over the years and loved them all. I sold my SBE 1 that I bought in the late 90's many years ago and I have always regretted it. I still own a 20 gauge Monte and a 12 M1 field. The M1 field was originally walnut and blued but I sent it out to be cerekoted and dipped. Going to be a great turkey gun. Here are the before and after pics.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on February 11, 2021, 07:47:27 PM
That is a beauty Tom. I have owned a few Benelli's over the years and loved them all. I sold my SBE 1 that I bought in the late 90's many years ago and I have always regretted it. I still own a 20 gauge Monte and a 12 M1 field. The M1 field was originally walnut and blued but I sent it out to be cerekoted and dipped. Going to be a great turkey gun. Here are the before and after pics.

Wow, that is a real beauty. That looks fantastic. Best of luck with that. Love the combo of Cerakote and camo....
"Solo hunter"

lunghit

Thanks Tom. Good luck with the SBE this spring!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

the Ward

Nice guns! Just saw a m1 synthetic stocked 12 gauge at my local gunshop. It was pretty nice, i think it had a 26" barrel.

lunghit

Quote from: Tom007 on March 03, 2021, 12:00:45 PM
Good luck with the new Trijicon......
Thanks. May 1st can't come fast enough

Tom007

Quote from: the Ward on March 03, 2021, 02:03:47 PM
Nice guns! Just saw a m1 synthetic stocked 12 gauge at my local gunshop. It was pretty nice, i think it had a 26" barrel.

Great gun. Just as good as the SBE. Best of luck this Spring....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

"Solo hunter"