OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

snakewood strikers

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, February 03, 2021, 08:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

So now I'm getting a great one from JLH as well!  Always a great experience purchasing from him.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Sixes

Harold Fowler if you can find one on the secondary market. They make any pot call better

Turkeytider

Quote from: Sixes on February 07, 2021, 09:07:20 PM
Harold Fowler if you can find one on the secondary market. They make any pot call better

Amen to that. Have one of his snakewood with Osage top. Always in my kit to the woods.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on February 08, 2021, 10:06:49 AM
He doesn't make them anymore?
Mr Fowler has passed away, his son has started back making strikers.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 08, 2021, 10:11:04 AM
Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on February 08, 2021, 10:06:49 AM
He doesn't make them anymore?
Mr Fowler has passed away, his son has started back making strikers.
Thanks.  I just went to Fowler's website and figured that out, hence I removed my previous post.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

ElkTurkMan

Larry Gresser at Prarie creek game calls makes a great snake wood striker.

Dfowlup

I don't think Dad ever made any 1 piece Snakewood Strikers.  I don't think he would have encouraged me to either.  "Boy, you'll use up all my snakewood making 1 piece strikers!"  At any rate, I have made quite a few two piece but just made my first 1 piece.  It's nice and runs great but I don't think many of these will make my inventory.
Fowlup

ol bob

Dad would have been proud. Great looking striker.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Dfowlup on February 10, 2021, 11:09:28 AM
I don't think Dad ever made any 1 piece Snakewood Strikers.  I don't think he would have encouraged me to either.  "Boy, you'll use up all my snakewood making 1 piece strikers!"  At any rate, I have made quite a few two piece but just made my first 1 piece.  It's nice and runs great but I don't think many of these will make my inventory.

Gosh that's a beauty!

sbbow

That's some eye candy right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

That sure looks great Derrick.