News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

?? PANTS ??

Started by turkeykiller22, February 06, 2021, 08:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Quick questions for you guys...

I recently purchased a pair of Browning bottomland pants for spring time, I have purchased these pants several times and they have been my go to. This time I the sizing was WAYYY larger than usual.

It seems as most companies make pants for turkey hunters that are grouped into sizes like small (28-32) Medium (32-36) etc..

Would you guys be interested in a pant that sized more accurately like 30x32 38x34 etc?  These would seem to have a more custom feel and would fit better. What is your thoughts on sizing for clothing?
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Greg Massey

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on February 06, 2021, 08:41:05 PM

I recently purchased a pair of Browning bottomland pants for spring time, I have purchased these pants several times and they have been my go to. This time I the sizing was WAYYY larger than usual.

It seems as most companies make pants for turkey hunters that are grouped into sizes like small (28-32) Medium (32-36) etc..

Would you guys be interested in a pant that sized more accurately like 30x32 38x34 etc?  These would seem to have a more custom feel and would fit better. What is your thoughts on sizing for clothing?
Are they made in China .. LOL.. I like to eat, so i like lot's of adjustment .. LOL..

rackinup

Yes! 100%! The correct size and 4 way stretch pants in bottomland . I would pay a premium for those.

Dtrkyman

Absolutely, my favorite pants to wear hunting now are Prana stretch zion, it is like they were tailored for me. I wear them daily as well.  I wear olive drab for hunting.

I have wore them in January hunting mule deer, all turkey season and fishing, best pants I have ever owned!

nativeks

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-microtex-classic-pants-for-men
My absolute favorite hunting pants. 38x34 for the win. Regular pants only come with a 32" inseam and I end up ripping the crotch out of them.

turkeykiller22

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 06, 2021, 10:29:46 PM
Absolutely, my favorite pants to wear hunting now are Prana stretch zion, it is like they were tailored for me. I wear them daily as well.  I wear olive drab for hunting.

I have wore them in January hunting mule deer, all turkey season and fishing, best pants I have ever owned!

I just picked a pair of these up after being frustrated with the Browning pants I got. These are going to be some bad boys. The Kuiu Kutana pants are really like as well. They seem to be better constructed than the Pranas but I will be putting both of them to the test this spring!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

davisd9

Dark brown pants made by wrangler.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Happy

Personally a fan of the browning watsach pants or however they are spelled.I did buy a pair of the banded midweight technical turkey pants and I really like the layout and fit. I like the material used in the seat and bottom of the legs for repelling dampness. However I hate the material the rest of the pants are made with. Cotton or something quieter would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tha bugman

I dont know what the answer is.  I would think manufactures find it difficult to make something that fits all sizes.  The closest that I have found was military sizing.  The best that I have found for myself is a pair of Mossy Oak Cotton pants with adjustable waistband.  I have been wearing them everyday since last spring and they continue to hold up.

Kyle_Ott

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on February 06, 2021, 08:41:05 PM

With the exception of a few higher end brands, I feel like most brands pattern clothing for heavier individuals.

The waists are too big.  There's too much fabric in the quad area and they don't taper them down the leg.

I can easily cover 12-15 miles in a day chasing turkeys.  I want technical pants that reflect an athletic build for an extremely active hunting style.  The Banded Lightweight and Midweight Technical pants are the best I have found.  Wish there were more options like them. 

budtripp

I'm going with first lite corrugate pants this spring. They fit, stretchy and dry fast. I'm sick and tired of the feel of wet cotton against my skin walking through dewy grass etc.

Dtrkyman

I have been shocked by the durability of the Prana pants, never though they would survive, but they have taken a beating!  Not good in briars though, not that they get torn up but they are zero protection!

owlhoot

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 16, 2021, 09:15:24 PM
I have been shocked by the durability of the Prana pants, never though they would survive, but they have taken a beating!  Not good in briars though, not that they get torn up but they are zero protection!
Don't dare get near any multiflora rose  :'( >:(

Dtrkyman

Quote from: owlhoot on February 16, 2021, 09:21:54 PM
Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 16, 2021, 09:15:24 PM
Don't dare get near any multiflora rose  :'( >:(

Too late!  Definitely some areas where I will not wear the pants.

cutt down

Wrangler ATG. They have 3 weights & I have all three. Love them! Stretchy with pockets. Anywhere from $25-$50. Most comfortable pant I've ever owned. They do not come in camo but olive or tan.