turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835-24" Mossy oak obsession

Started by RED NECK, May 25, 2020, 05:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I thought I was done with guns but I came across the 835 from Mossberg on sale and for a really good price and seeing as I want something to use for geese the odd time and a little duck hunting as well.I figured why not try the 835 in obsesson.I will have it on the 27th of May and I may try and pattern it and hunt with it the last few days of season.

This is my first Mossberg.I know they kick like a mule as I have shot my good friends 535. I just wanted to buy it to have as a utility mud gun and I didn't want to pay a lot for another gun. I have heard good and bad,I have a close friend who swears by them and a family member who won't touch one with a 10 foot pole because he had a jam 30 years ago.

I will just run the turkey choke it comes with for the last few days.I really can't say it will get a lot of turkey hunting in but It will be a field gun for geese and hopefully shoots 3" shells for duck hunting well.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Cowboy

I got a 835 in Realtree Hardwoods. The NWTF edition. Good solid guns. Just use mine for coyotes with Varmint X shells.

RED NECK

What a crap show buying this gun became.I purchased it online from a gun shop in the Toronto area on the 25th,paid for courier service delivery to be the 27th.The owner kept making excuse after excuse on why it hadn't shipped blah..blah blah.I finally told him either send me tracking info or refund me by 12 pm on Friday.He refunded me and made a page full of excuses on why this and why that.Then at the end said,there was three in stock and 4 people in front of you purchased it before we could process your order.I would not believe a word that guy wrote in those emails and I politely told him.Thank you for the refund and we will never talk again.

That was the worst experience I ever had buying from a "shop' the excuses and pathetic service makes me hope and wish he goes bankrupt.I am just happy that I got it looked after quickly and can now shop for something else the next few months to add to the collection.

Turkeytider

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on June 01, 2020, 07:21:24 AM
What a crap show buying this gun became.I purchased it online from a gun shop in the Toronto area on the 25th,paid for courier service delivery to be the 27th.The owner kept making excuse after excuse on why it hadn't shipped blah..blah blah.I finally told him either send me tracking info or refund me by 12 pm on Friday.He refunded me and made a page full of excuses on why this and why that.Then at the end said,there was three in stock and 4 people in front of you purchased it before we could process your order.I would not believe a word that guy wrote in those emails and I politely told him.Thank you for the refund and we will never talk again.

That was the worst experience I ever had buying from a "shop' the excuses and pathetic service makes me hope and wish he goes bankrupt.I am just happy that I got it looked after quickly and can now shop for something else the next few months to add to the collection.

That`s a real bummer, HBK. Can only speak based on my own experience, which has been great, but you might give Gunbroker a try.

RED NECK

I didn't really need a mossberg but I have wanted to add a 835 to my collection the last few years.I have been trying to locate the pistol grip 20" barrel for years with no luck up here, I tried again the last few weeks and no dice so I found another 24" turkey with regular stock and I am going to buy it. It is almost $200 cheaper than anywhere else and I should have it within a few weeks. I'm going to shoot stock turkey choke and long beards from it and I may add either a decent set of fiber optic turkey sights or a red dot/scope, we will see.

I want my buddy to shoot it with 3.5", introduce him to recoil. :drool:

Tom007

Best of luck, your buddy will feel that recoil when he sleeps on that shoulder for a week...lol
"Solo hunter"

Turkeytider

Congrats on the new 835, HBK. The 835 is a classic turkey gun. It and the 870 have probably piled up more turkeys over the years than everything else combined. As for recoil, I thought my 870 Super Mag had kicked me blind the first time I shot it and that was with a 3" shell! Calmed it down with a Limbsaver slip on and a padded Tshirt I wear under my camo. Guess I`m more recoil sensitive than I was in my younger days! Do really recommend a Limbsaver, though, ESPECIALLY if you have notions of shooting 3.5s !  Me, I like myself too much to shoot those things! 

bbcoach

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 06, 2021, 07:20:20 AM
I didn't really need a mossberg but I have wanted to add a 835 to my collection the last few years.I have been trying to locate the pistol grip 20" barrel for years with no luck up here, I tried again the last few weeks and no dice so I found another 24" turkey with regular stock and I am going to buy it. It is almost $200 cheaper than anywhere else and I should have it within a few weeks. I'm going to shoot stock turkey choke and long beards from it and I may add either a decent set of fiber optic turkey sights or a red dot/scope, we will see.

I want my buddy to shoot it with 3.5", introduce him to recoil. :drool:
I LOVE my 835 with 3 1/2 Hevi 7's.  Added a Red dot to correct POA/POI problem.  Also added about 4 ozs of lead shot to the rear of the stock and a Limbsaver to calm down the recoil.

Please be GENTLE to your BUDDY!

RED NECK

0/3, I received word sometime today via email.I checked emails tonight and It is a black model he has?...I sent him an email back that I don't want a black model.I want the moob model,Im not sure how this will turn out.Oh well. I guess it is what it is trying to buy from small places online,calling and emailing and not seeing them in person. hope to hear back Monday.