turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What constriction?

Started by chipper, February 13, 2011, 09:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

What is the proper constriction for a .742 bore, IC .665 or .675?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Chipper, out of the .742 Invector Plus barrels the .675 is going to be hard to beat.  That would be my starting point shooting Hevi-13 loads.  If you buy a Indian Creek .675, and it don't do what you are wanting you can swap it out for say a .670 choke and try that.  If that don't suit you I would go the other way and try a .680 choke.  Out of those 3 one should be the ticket.  But my guess would be the .675 ought to light it up for you.  Indian Creek makes some great chokes.  And they will work with you until your tickled. 

chipper

I had a SX2 that shot lights out with the .665 IC and 3.5 #7 but it just proves all guns have a different personality, my SX3 with the same choke seems like it is blowing the pattern with the same load, I may call IC and see if they'll swap chokes but I was going to shoot my .675 Kicks before I do it, Like I said, In my old SX2, the .665 IC out shot the kicks in the 10 alot but im just curious, Any other constriction suggestions are apprieciated.

VAHUNTER

i would try a .670 and go from there
Good things come to those who wait

chipper

I deep cleaned my SX3 this morning, went out and shot the .665 IC vs. .675 Kicks and the IC won but by only 30 pellets at 40 yards, both patterns seemed blown though with the IC having a little hotter core pattern, this was with 3.5 #7, I only put around 240 in the ten, then I shot a Winchester XRHD #6 and hit 190, I feel like I should be getting more with this gun with the 7's. SX3 26inch barrel. Temp in the mid to upper 50's strong cross breeze.

VAHUNTER

240 in a 10" at 40 is nothing to be disapointed about. that is a outstanding pattern. i really try not to get cought up in the #'s game. if my setup will give me a 100%kill at 40 or 50yds. that is all i care about
Good things come to those who wait

chipper

I guess your right that will kill turkeys all day, I kinda liked the XRHD #6 pattern better than the 7's