News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke for SBEII

Started by chrisun, May 21, 2011, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisun

Just looking for some help.

I currently have an Indian Creek 665 Choke tube for my SBEII 26 inch barrel. However, I have been hearing that the Pure Gold 670 has a better pattern. Well, things are very tight for us right now. Going out and getting a new choke isn't something I want to do unless I know it is worth it. Anyone with experience with these chokes, and the SBEII, and willing to help me would be greatly appreciated.

I generally shoot Winchester XR #6's

Thank you.
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

Gobble!

What kind of pattern are you getting now?
If things are tight I would say stick with what you have
Indian creek is a great choke tube

the Ward

I think with the undersize bore on the benelli [.723 or so] you might need to go tighter than .670 to get the 40 yard dense patterns.Im getting pretty decent patterns with my stock full crio + in my vinci,but im like you right now in the financial dpt!I've heard good things on those chokes,but every gun/ammo combo sometimes shoots a little different and sometimes its a cut and try process.I think im going to try both the pure gold and a sum toy myself.As soon as i get caught up on my finances.Month of may kills me on cash!birthdays,graduations,ect......ward

beagler

I'm shooting a Rhino (.660) with good results in my SBE 2 with a 24" barrel. I have an Indian Creek (.665) as well but I'm getting slightly better patterns with the Rhino.
Never Misses

allaboutshooting

Quote from: chrisun on May 21, 2011, 07:51:47 AM
Just looking for some help.

I currently have an Indian Creek 665 Choke tube for my SBEII 26 inch barrel. However, I have been hearing that the Pure Gold 670 has a better pattern. Well, things are very tight for us right now. Going out and getting a new choke isn't something I want to do unless I know it is worth it. Anyone with experience with these chokes, and the SBEII, and willing to help me would be greatly appreciated.

I generally shoot Winchester XR #6's

Thank you.

Just a recommendation, prior to purchasing any new choke, I'd recommend that you "deep clean" your barrel. Chrome-lined Benelli barrels look clean even when they are very dirty. A few minutes of your time using that process can work wonders for patterns, regardless of the choke tube or shell. It's worth the investment of time, costs very little, can't hurt your gun and may really help your patterns.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

PALongspur

Consider contacting Rob Roberts @ Gobbler Guns. When you purchase a Final Strut turkey choke from Rob you can try every constriction until you find the magic combo for your gun.

Myself and three of my buddies are shooting Final Strut chokes in SBEII's. I shoot Win XRHD 6s with a .650.

Mailman

I have the same exact set up as you and Iam very pleased with it. I dont think it could get any better than what I got.
One Shot One Kill

vaturkey

I have a SBE2 with a 24" barrel with a Indian Creek .665 choke. I was shooting Win Supreme 31/2 2oz #5's & getting great patterns BUT once I switched to Hevi 13  31/2" 21/4 oz # 6' s it made a world of difference. If you havent tried Hevi 13's ,you need to. I know they are pricey but I really think you will be pleased with them. Good luck .    vaturkey  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

VaTuRkStOmPeR

i've got a buddy running a benelli sbe II with a rhino .660 and mag blends.

he shoots in the 220s with the mag blends. 

i personally shot the ic .665, briley .670 and the benelli turkey choke with hevi-13 6's and winchester xr 6's.  that gun with those choke tubes would never put up anything better than 190's.

and then he went to rhino..............

nyhunter

I tried the pure gold in my 24" SBEII and it didn't do as well as the I.C. The final strut .665 did better than any other choke i have tried.

neal

Quote from: PALongspur on May 22, 2011, 10:03:20 AM
Consider contacting Rob Roberts @ Gobbler Guns. When you purchase a Final Strut turkey choke from Rob you can try every constriction until you find the magic combo for your gun.

Myself and three of my buddies are shooting Final Strut chokes in SBEII's. I shoot Win XRHD 6s with a .650.

Love my choke from Rob it is a .665 and throws some great patterns all the way to 60+
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.