OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hearing Enhancers???

Started by ThicketThrasher, February 12, 2011, 11:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThicketThrasher

Do any of you guys wear a Game Ear or some other type of hearing aid. I have lost a lot of my hearing over the last few years, and to be honest, it always cost me a chance at a bird or 2 every year. And it is not so much that I don't hear the bird but that I screw up the direction. I have been looking at the Walker's, but I have read mixed reviews on them, both the ear piece and the muffs. Any suggestions?

allchokedup

I have the muff's. Pro's and con's. They help you hear that bird gobble, but you get a lot of background noise too. It's also hard for me to tell if I'm calling to loud or to soft; the direction the bird is in is hard to make out sometimes too. If you are having a problem with the  direction the bird is in, well, I don't think the Walker Game ears will help you.
What works best for me is, that when I hear a bird , I set up, take the muff's off and try and work him in. If you have bad hearing...LIKE ME! it really helps and I think the Walker Power muffs are a good product.
Good luck.

chrisun

I did have a pair. They ended up breaking.  >:(
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

TANK

Lots of background noise, you can't course directions, and usually end up with a headache.

longspur

my hearing is VERY bad. got a pair of high dollar hearing aids couple years ago $4900. My insurance helped out alot. Its a different ball game now. That cheeper stuff won't help much in the real world

kyhareraiser

i use the walker game ears sometimes just so's i can here the faing GGOOOBBBLE of the bird at a distance ,but once i get a ear full of his gobbles i start closing sistance and then there's no need for them once i get close enough to tell what he's up to

nstrut

i have two of the early walker game ears they do make things louder but i still had trouble with the directions if i only used one or have one set louder than the other