turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Duck Hunting

Started by Spring Creek Calls, October 13, 2020, 09:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

I've been hunting this tree lined, bottom land river for 56 consecutive years and this is the first time I've shot a goose. The 20 gauge 1300 with Hevi Shot 6's killed him dead in the air at least 35 yards or more.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

B Rogers

Nice. Looks like a prime wood duck spot. That is cool on the goose.

bobk

Turkeytider

bigriverbum

awesome! good job mike!

i was hunting a beaver pond on a trout stream the other day and the woodies were elsewhere(think it's been hunted a lot), but the geese were pouring over top of me going up into the highlands to feed

need to bring my goose decoys next time and try to entice a few down

310 gauge

Nice bonus Mike!  Whenever we swamp hunt now we are on watch for Canada's also.  Shot my first Woodie when I was 8, but when I shot a Canada at 10 I was forever addicted to Waterfowl hunting. Unfortunately, because of migration patterns, short stopping up North, and mild winters, we don't get the big geese in numbers for a regular season. I still chase Resident Geese in 4 Counties and head to Maryland for Snows. Great work on that Canada!  I had rather take that 1 Goose than a N.C. limit of 3 Woodies!

AppalachianHollers

Aren't they magnificent? Shot my first goose yesterday. Couldn't feel the recoil of a 3.5" BB at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tal

There is no recoil when swinging on feathers, it's a fact of physics...  ;D  Nice bird.

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

bigriverbum

if anyone in the wi/ia/mn area wants to go out diver hunting on the upper mississipi wildlife refuge i'd be up for an outing in exchange maybe for some turkey opportunities or maybe just for fun

only have  a 16' boat so only 1 or 2 other people, but i have diver long lines and am fairly confident i can get some cans and bluebills when they're here. i believe wisconsin reduced scaup limit to 1 a day  :'( hope they can rebound

bigriverbum

i KNOW i can get on some bufflehead and goldeneye  :goofball:

Tom007

Congrats...knocking down a goose with a 20 gauge is a great feat.....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Have a similar river that I hunt. Great Wood duck spot. Went Oct 10th on our opener. Had a great time.....Good luck
"Solo hunter"

Bagg-it Tag-it

Glad you got a beautiful goose. Now that they migrate less and are local pests for many...it has taken the mystique away a tiny bit for them. However, on a cool still morning at my house if I hear a plaintive honk outside I'll still run outside like a kid to try to get a glimpse of a flock winging by.

Dtrkyman

Nice! We once called a pair into flooded timber.

I had some amazing fields to hunt for a long time, but lost them all to development over the years. Then a club leased up all the good stuff left in that area.  I miss it!